Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded my SIM only contract to a handset one after 3months

Glendabarratt20
4: Newbie
Hi there I am due a handset upgrade on the 27th of May but my question is can this only be done Direct with Vodafone or can it also be done at Carphone Warehouse?
Many thanks Glenda
10 REPLIES 10

Glendabarratt20
Just to let you know I'm actually looking to upgrade on the 10th of April as soon as you can pre order the new S8 do you think Vodafone would wave the upgrade fee and also match the upgrade deal's that Carphone Warehouse are doing? Many thanks Glenda

Glendabarratt20
Ok I will just ask them and see what they say but I can't really wait until I am out of contract to get the best deal because that isn't until 28th of February next year and that is just so long.

Glendabarratt20
But thanks so much for your help anyway@Anns
I really appreciate it ☺

Glendabarratt20
I don't think I made it clear I am on a SIM only contract with Vodafone and I will be using their flexible upgrade option after 3 months of being on the SIM only contract to upgrade to a new phone so does this mean I can only upgrade direct with Vodafone after all?

Allowing to upgrade after 3 months, is a special deal in its own right.

The Early Termination fee of 9 months is waived. So chances are there Vodafone will not offer anything on top of that and if they do will be very minimal.

If you were looking to get the S8, then should have signed up to 30Day SIM and that would have allowed you to negoatiate a better deal.

Defintely do call them, but don't be disappointed if what they offer is not good.

Glendabarratt20
Ok no worries but I do have a question do I actually have to call them or would it be ok to upgrade on the chat?
Many thanks
Glenda

Glendabarratt20
I prefer the live chat but what do you think will get me the best deal live chat or call?
Many thanks Glenda

Glendabarratt20
I have another question have you ever upgraded over the live chat before?

I usually upgrade using Live Chat. Once you connect to Live Chat, just ask "Just wanted to see my upgrade options"

You will be passed to the Upgrades Team and from then on depends on your negotiation ability to get a acceptable Deal.

As I said, don't get your hopes high as you might be not get what you are looking for.