Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading.

missmoneypenny
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am able to upgrade from 2 days ago and was told by a Vodafone shop that I could do it through Carphone Warehouse if I wanted.  The shop knows I am a Red+ leader as I discussed my husband becoming a sharer when his contract ends in 3 months.  Just to make sure before I committed to anything I spoke with Vodafone Customer Service and they tell me I have to upgrade through them to keep this.  How strange because 2 years ago I upgraded through Carphone and about a year later started the Red+.  I believed upgrading through say Carphone meant I am in contract with Vodafone and not Carphone.  Does anyone know which is the truth and will I lose the Red+ service if I upgrade outside of Vodafone?  I pay my Direct Debit to Vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can I ask what's drawing you to CPW ?

I would suggest talking to the Retentions Department via 191 who maybe able to offer you a good deal. 

If you open a contract with CPW then you do become a customer to them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

jeffkinn

My thinking is perfectly accurate but I'm delighted that you are getting preferential pricing.

Personally I would only deal directly with a network but I've never discouraged people from become a customer of a dealer if they can get the right deal.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

If your thinking was accurate I would be a Phones4U customer without a Vodafone account. However this is not the case, I even have a Vodafone account online.

jeffkinn

No I'm afraid that isn't the logical conclusion of what I'm saying.

The position of the dealer network and who 'owns' the customer is not a matter of speculation or uncertaintly. It's a matter of fact and when you take out a contract with a dealer you are their customer  - fact!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Then please explain to me how Vodafone believe I have a 24 month contract with them (Which expires soon) despite taking it out with Phones4U and also they claim I have been with them since 2000 despite using Vodafone, CPW and Phones4U in the past for previous upgrades.

I am sorry, but you are clearly wrong and shouldn't post incorrect info on the Forum.

jeffkinn

I've explained to you how it works - either you accept the information or you don't. That's up to you.

But I will state again that the situation as I've outlined it is perfectly correct and the fact that it doesn't fit in with your view of the world doesn't make it any less correct.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It doesn't make you correct either. I have outlined my real world findings based upon being a Vodafone customer since 2000 despite using Phones4U and CPW during that time. (15 years)

So give me a break and eat some humble pie.

In fact is there anyone else who can give an unbiassed and correct reply?

A Vodafone person?

jeffkinn

Without being stupid about I spend an enormous amount of time on this forum. I've taken a deep interest in how mobile networks operate and their dealer network.

I've been a customer of both dealers and the network directly. As a commercial finance director I've overseen lots of mobile contracts, again both with dealers and direct from networks.

So I know where of I speak.

I had some apple pie and custard as my dessert today at lunchtime - that's the only pie I need to eat today.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Try some humble pie, you might like it.

I will be off to CPW in 2 weeks despite your scaremongering.

jeffkinn

I'll say it again for the sake of clarity - I've never discouraged anyone from using the dealer network. They provide a good service and very often good prices. 

They've also good a good track record of putting people on new contracts rather than upgrades to maximise their commissions and selling phones bought on the grey market. Not my cup of tea personally but they have a very large and satisfied customer base.

Good luck.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png