Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading.

missmoneypenny
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am able to upgrade from 2 days ago and was told by a Vodafone shop that I could do it through Carphone Warehouse if I wanted.  The shop knows I am a Red+ leader as I discussed my husband becoming a sharer when his contract ends in 3 months.  Just to make sure before I committed to anything I spoke with Vodafone Customer Service and they tell me I have to upgrade through them to keep this.  How strange because 2 years ago I upgraded through Carphone and about a year later started the Red+.  I believed upgrading through say Carphone meant I am in contract with Vodafone and not Carphone.  Does anyone know which is the truth and will I lose the Red+ service if I upgrade outside of Vodafone?  I pay my Direct Debit to Vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can I ask what's drawing you to CPW ?

I would suggest talking to the Retentions Department via 191 who maybe able to offer you a good deal. 

If you open a contract with CPW then you do become a customer to them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\that reads as an about turn to me.

As a 15 year customer I salute you and may your future advice be accurate.......

jeffkinn

Then you need to go to Specsavers because I'd already said exactly the same thing several posts earlier.

My comments, which were and are entirely accurate, have not changed from the first post to this one.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I will just clarify the situation of anyone who gets a contract through 3rd Party like CPW.

When you buy a phone from 3rd party you are their customer and they send Vodafone instruction regarding the Tariff you have agreed. Any issues with Handset you deal with them.

Vodafone provides you the Mobile Network service only.

When it comes to upgrades you are free to use 3rd Party or Vodafone directly.
Both will give you their prevailing Deals. Choice will be yours whether you renew Directly with Vodafone or 3rd Party.
If you decide to do Directly, your future dealing will entirely be with Vodafone including the Handset.

Vodafone will offer deals to ensure you stay with them. While 3rd party could offer you deal with any Network.

For 3rd party they get better commission for New line rather than Upgrades. So Vodafone will try and offer you an incentive to stay with them rather than risk 3rd party taking you to another Network.

jeffkinn

@Getafix Thanks for re-inforcing the point and adding a little extra information.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@Getafix Thanks for adding a little extra information, that Jeffkinn wasn't 100% correct was he.

If we choose too we are are safe to go via CPW despite his earlier posts.

"To explain a little further, CPW is a wholly independent company and not an agent for the network. They create their own tariffs and buy their own phones  - that's why you are their customer and not the network's."

Jeffkinn I have been to Specsavers and this isn't quite true is it?

Itas now been clarified that the handset is down to CPW but fhe contract is with Vodafone.

jeffkinn
You still need glasses. I said that tariff is decided upon by dealers and operated by the network. Dealers will often sell you different tariffs to those that the networks sell directly. The network operates that tariff at the request of the dealer. I have no idea why you are so resistant to the facts and frankly I don't care. But everything I've said is 100% accurate. When you go to a dealer you are their customer. They request the network to provide the service to you. It's really quite a simple concept.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

[Removed in line with Community House Rules] I have been offered an identical  Vodafone tariff by CPW but the upfront cost is £50 less but yes I told you that already.

Have you not got something better to do? The concept is simple CPW provide the handset and Vodafone give you the contract.

Simples..

And no I don't need glasses your initial posts are full of disinformation.

In fact I am not going to post any more but will be going to CPW for my upgrade despite your concerns.

jeffkinn

@WillVXR wrote:

Jeffkinn you are so nauseating, 

It's funny how often people resort to playground name calling when the facts they are given don't fit in with their pre-conceived view of the world.

My posts are accurate from the first letter to the last letter. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Aren't you the guy who said that going thru CPW meant no contract with Vodafone  - Nuff said [Removed in line with Community House Rules]