Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading

uncletimmy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently contacted Vodaphone to obtain a PAC code (12/04/17) after speaking to the CSR i signed up for a new contract. Since then the phone hasnt turned up over 2 days and after 3 phone calls and a visit to a Vodaphone store I am none the wiser. All my calls have been to 191and after speaking to a CSR today she could not tell me what my new monthly package would be. At no point have i had any E mails or texts to confirm that I was upgrading and all the CSR could say today was "if the phone doesnt come by Tuesday , call us back". Can anyone help please. There is a record on the system to say that I have upgraded to as Samsung S7 edge but nothing else apart from that. :Sad_face:

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @uncletimmy

Can I assume you've also checked your Spam email in-box too ?

Vodafone would typically send tracking info when the phone is at despatch level. 

I would specifically ask Customer Service on 191 if the phone Os actually in stock. 

May I ask which phone you've chosen. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi S7 edge, have spoken to 3 different people and been in store and no one can give me an answer.

AnnS

Hi @uncletimmy

It might be worth checking your online account and the My Vodafone Application.  When you upgrade or change your tariff even if you have not received the phone, the new tariff would kick in at midnight on the day of order.  You should also receive some communication by email within a week detailing all that was agreed with your upgrade.

The best thing to do is to have a live chat, the benefit being able to keep a transcript of the chat for your records.  There is no reason for the advisor not being in a position  to let you know when the phone will be despatched.  A store won't be able to help in this case.

Hi Ann , nothing in Spam folder at all. Think I will just phone up to get a PAC code because thats how i got a good deal - well so i thought. It just annoys me that I spent an hour on the phone and been in store once and still none the wiser. An order was created on  Wed of this week but no one can confirm what tariff im on (including discounts).

hrym

A shop wouldn't be able to help with an order placed over the phone, so don't waste your time on that approach.   Orders do sometimes get stuck in the credit check process and I'm not sure that the frontline customer service people can see what's happening.  Your best bet is to hang on for the forum team to pick up your post as they can contact you privately and do some digging offline.

Yes i hope someone contacts me. I don't really want to complain as i have no proof of the deal i was offered unless they get the call recording.