Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using mobile data in Norway

machare
13: Advanced Member

I recently visited Norway.  I was using  a pay monthly 'Sim only' sim. My phone connected to the Telenor 3G network but I was unable to use any data.  Why might this be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

If you check out the 'Network Queries' section of this forum, you'll see that accessing data abroad or accessing 4G data abroad seems to be a theme at the moment so highly unlikely this was the fault of Telenor.

The problem you have is that you're now back in the UK so difficult to diagnose as assume all is OK now. I'd still call Vodafone and ask them to check your account to ensure the next time you travel, this doesn't happen again.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @machare

It may be Vodafone didn't have a data roaming agreement with the network.

You are able to roam on any network where you are able to get a connection.  Try doing a manual roam the next time you are in Norway and selecting an alternative network.

machare
13: Advanced Member

The only other network was called Netcom and I could not connect to it at all.

donnyguy

If you check out the 'Network Queries' section of this forum, you'll see that accessing data abroad or accessing 4G data abroad seems to be a theme at the moment so highly unlikely this was the fault of Telenor.

The problem you have is that you're now back in the UK so difficult to diagnose as assume all is OK now. I'd still call Vodafone and ask them to check your account to ensure the next time you travel, this doesn't happen again.

Tommy
4: Newbie

Hello @machare were you able to test any other local roaming networks while you were there?

If roaming is enabled on your account and calls and texts worked ok the most likely cause could have been a network fault with Telenor. :Smiling: