Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VEA Applied on renewed contract

Bluepeter147
2: Seeker
After being a Vodafone customer for over 6 years, I again 18 months ago renewed my contract, there was a bit of a problem as the agent sent my new phone to the incorrect address and after 9 hours on the phone to different Vodafone call centres the matter was resolved with Vodafone giving me credit meaning I didn't pay a bill for the first 2 months.
Problem is, I found out last night that 18 months ago my 20% VEA wasn't applied to my account.
Should this VEA be automatically included when I upgrade?
It always has previously!!
15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

After upgrade a person needs to apply for the discount as an upgrade resets the contract typically with a new tariff etc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry I omitted to add the Vea Help link. 

Vea.

"The Vodafone Advantage discount will remain in place for the minimum term of your contract. If any changes and upgrades are applied to an account in the Vodafone Advantage scheme, the discount will be cancelled. At this point, you’ll need to complete the online form to re-apply for the discount."

From How-long-does-the-Vodafone-Advantage-discount-last.

"To qualify for your discount, you must apply for it within 30 days of receiving a new connection or upgrade.

If you’re an existing customer who’s been with us longer than 30 days, you’ll have to wait until you upgrade to take advantage."

Current Phone  >

Bluepeter147
I visited the store twice and provided proof as the first time they lost it?
I also visited the same store to apply VEA again December 2015 as I took out a second contract and guess what?? Yep....that wasn't applied either??
The agent I chatted with last night tells me he has applied the VEA to both accounts last night but as yet I don't see this (where would it show on my account?)
Secondly I want to reclaim the 20% back as it's not my error!! The agent last night said 'it should have been applied when the contract was renewed'.
Any suggestions please?
After the agent sending my new phone to the wrong address and now this makes me very reluctant to renew ??

jeffkinn

You are going to have a very hard job with this. The VEA has never rolled over automatically and we as customers have always needed to actively renew it when upgrading. The VEA team are very hot on the 30 day rule so the chances of getting some kind of backdated recompense are very slim I would say.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi @Bluepeter147

You probably would need to persevere with Customer service to see if they do something along the lines of what you've set out. 

Vodafone have a Code of Practice that's allows a Customer several options / avenues to put their case across. 

Link below > 

Vodafone Code of Practice.

Current Phone  >

Bluepeter147
I hear what your saying but I supplied all evidence and did as requested at the time (and again when I took out the second contract) but due to Vodafone's ##~## up of sending my new phone to the wrong address, telling me they couldn't change the delivery address and that I would have to go pick it up myself from an address that didn't exist then spending 9 hrs on the phone and then them offering me basically 2 months free contract they didn't apply VEA!!
How can that be my fault?
And also how can the chat agent last night apply VEA to both accounts going forward?
Even he admitted it was Vodafones error and tried to buy me off with £10.00!!!!
I think you can guess what my reply was 😁

jeffkinn

None of the delivery issues were your fault. Also the information given to you last night that was wrong was not your fault.

But what is your responsibility is to understand how the VEA process work by reading the information given to us as customers and re-applying at the time. 

I know this sounds harsh, but it's the case I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

There has been similar posts where a persons phone had been despatched to a previous address. I know that people have been moved from an old system to a new one which may have caused such issues. 

Its not for you to have to commute to another address to collect a phone even if you could. Its down to Vodafone and the Courier company to resolve asap to get it right for you. 

As per the information in the Vea links I added earlier it is up to the Customer to re apply for the discount. I've no idea how this hasn't needed to be carried out on previous upgrades as you mentioned. 

I have unfortunately seen past posts where a Live Chat agent who are typically outsourced abroad centres and abroad Call Centres who has promised all kinds of things to appease the Customer and end the Session. 

If this was my situation I'd put this in writing to the address in the Code of Practice link and send as Recorded Delivery. 

To add........

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

The phone being delivered to the wrong address wouldnt affect this,  when you agree an upgrade the price plan on which you get the discount changes at midnight on the day you agree to it, the vea is off the price plan not the phone, so in effect if you 'never ' recieved the phone you would still be on the relevant price plan therefore you can apply and recieve the VEA if you are entitled to it, provided you apply within the first 30 days of going on the new price plan.