Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VEA discount included with early cancellation

EvilSmoothie
4: Newbie
Hello,

Just curious as to what people's experiences has been with early cancellation and VEA. I get 20% VEA discount currently off my line rental. Just spoke with live chat and they said that if i want to cancel VEA isn't taken into account and the termination fee is worked out from the full price minus VAT.

Seems strange to me that it's not taken into accoint and wondered what other people's experiences have been
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @EvilSmoothie

When you terminate early, it will be at the full price of the contract. Discounts do not apply to early termination charges.

You already receive a 2% discount on early termination charges and, since you won't be receiving a service, there is no VAT.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

63johnw
Hi. What you have been told is correct, the early termination fee is always based on the account prior to any discounts being applied, it has always been this way.

AnnS

Hi @EvilSmoothie

When you terminate early, it will be at the full price of the contract. Discounts do not apply to early termination charges.

You already receive a 2% discount on early termination charges and, since you won't be receiving a service, there is no VAT.