Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone - Awful Customer Service, Overcharged and Threatened with Disconnectio

jokerz798321
1: Seeker

I've been a vodafone customer for a number of years and have been previously happy with the service. However,

In October/September last year my daughter had a contract for 17 GBP per month and then accidently used data instead of Wi Fi and ran up a 400 GBP bill in total. We contacted Vodafone and explained and they refunded 200 of that. However, the agent also told us for 2-3 pounds more they can increase the data which would prevent it happening again. Ok thats fine. However I went into a Vodafone store in November only to be told that they had increased the charge to 37 pounds a month!

We rang Vodafone and complained. Stated quite clearly that they have breached contract by increasing the contract to this amount without making us aware of the cost or our consent. We were promised a call back to sort it out. No call back was fourth coming. We also found out that on our two mobiles we have been paying an extra 16 pounds per month for data since March 2016 which we did not ask for when we renewed our contracts. Again we complained and again no call back.

We are now in June 2017. We have been contacting Vodafone since November with this issue and each time we are promised action will be taken. We even have Vodafone using a collection agency against us as we have not paid the bill for the simple reason it is incorrect. Even the current June bill still shows the additional charges. After all the phone calls they are still charging us extra!

We spoke to an agent at the end of May who promised to sort it out and offered a paltry 50 quid credit which we refused as this is a tiny amount compared to the amount they havee overcharged us. We even had a call from their "head office" complaints team who again said they will call us back. This was two weeks ago and no contact from Vodafone whatsoever, However I have received an email from the collection agency stating that vodafone will disconnect us at the end of June and we will have to pay the full amount and a disconnection fee!

Seriously Vodafone - is this how you treat customers?????? Vodafone has ignored our complaints, continually over charged us, increased our contract without our permission and now they are cutting us off.

Unfortunately Vodafone has left me with no choice but to contact Ofcom and make an officialy complaint. We will also be seeking compensation for all the time wasted and the damage to our credit file.

All the promised call backs have not happened. Vodafone has even failed to uphold it's contracted complaints procedure. Terrible service.

5 REPLIES 5

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your scenario and hope that it is resolved quickly for you. I just want to ask you though, have you registered a complaint with Vodafone? If so, when?

The reason I ask is that to be able to seek a resolution outside of Vodafone, you need to have adhered to their complaints process and given them opportunity to resolve. Without this, the ombudsman would simply refer you back to them.

All the information as well as how to raise a complaint can be found here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints

You bascially need to get this logged along with your poor experience. Only then will it be taken seriously as it sounds like you've well and truely been fobbed off up to this point.

Good luck.

Hi there,

Still been robbed off. Had some emails from someone called will in their customer services. No help whatsoever.

Vodafone refuse to admit that they have been overcharging us and also that they changed our contract without our consent not to mention the fact that we are in month 7 of this complaint.  Apparently they are now sending out a deadlock letter! 

We have been trying to look at a getting a mortgage to buy a home and we have been working on increasing our credit score. Vodafone has issued a default notice which has now ruined that so there is a financial penalty for us due to Vodafones incompetence.

As the complaint has taken over 7 months to resolve I have already exercised our right to contact the ombudsmen who have accepted our  case.

I cannot recommend Vodafone to anyone due to their awful customer service and  complaint handling. I have been with Vodafone since 2004 and cannot believe how awful they have become!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way @jokerz798321.

The dedicated team have received your latest email and will be in touch in response to this as soon as possible.

Trishclark
1: Seeker

Contacted my account manager via email to advise him that our companie head office had decided to move our account so i needed to cancell our lines.  He advised he was no longer our manager and I should telephone customer services on 03....

I did this and asked for PAC codes for the numbers we wanted to port across, I explained that some of the numbers we had on the account were not in use and that we didn't want to keep the numbers but the whole account was to be cancelled.  He gave me one code but failed to mentiont that we would need to activate it for all the numbers, not just the ones we wanted to use.  First I know is when they continue to charge.  By the time I notice the first payment out of the bank, they take a further 30 days from when I call to cancel completeley.

I phoned and emailed constantly and one person phone me to say he would raise a credit, when this wasn't received I emailed him and he denied having said that he would do this.  

They are appalling and I wouldn't go near them with a bargepoe in the future.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear this has happened @Trishclark.

We'd like to ensure that this is resolved for you.

So we can do this, please speak with our dedicated Business team on Live Chat.

Please let us know how you get on.