Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Vodafone Connect Router and Plex media server - cannot access remotely

3: Seeker Silver

Hi,

I've recently switched to Vodafone Connect (Fibre).

Since the switch I cannot access my Plex server from outside of my network.

1. I've checked uPNP - its on
  2. I've checked the ports - the Plex server is listed
  3. I've added a manual port for forwarding -still does not work
  4. I've turned the firewall on / off - makes no difference

The only way I can access my Plex library is by exposing my main computers IP address to the internet by adding it to the 'static NAT/DMZ/Exposed Host' option.

I'm not sure this is the correct way to do this.  Isn't this exposing my whole IP / computer to the internet?

Regards

Dom

View more options
5 REPLIES

@Domx360

We'll be happy to look into this for you. Please contact our Broadband team by calling 08080 034 515 or you can also speak to them via Live Chat.

View more options

Hi,

I called support and unfortunately I proved a little more technical for the chap to be able to help.  I was pointed to the portforwarding.com website, that is useful (and now bookmarked), but it also did not help.

My question boils down to a few fundementals.

Currently, the only way to access Plex remotely is to move my iMacs IP address to the DMZ - this is not really acceptable.

- UPNP is not automatically opening up the ports for Plex to work.

- Turning off the firewall makes no difference

- Port Management / Port Triggering on port 32400 is not working.

So, what is going on with this router?  I had no problems port forwarding with the BT Hub, or my Netgear R7000.

I also have a simlar issue accessing my Philips Hue lights from outside my network.

View more options

exactly the same issue here Smiley Sad

no resolve as of yet

View more options

Hi @markdotjames

I've replied to your other post here

Thanks,

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issues when trying to reach from outside the network to my Plex server at home.  Set up all the port forwarding etc.  PC is plugged into the router.  only get an indirect connection from an android phone.  Also when scanning the public IP for the ports it doesn't see them as open.

View more options