Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet Support.

Rs101
4: Newbie

Seems like another great idea from Vodafone has been let down by utterly inadequate support.

I've been using the app for a couple of months and it suddenly decided to block my card without any warning. 

I called support in Thursday who couldn't see why it was blocked and couldn't reset it. He had to escalate it to the technical team who would get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Today's Saturday and I'd not heard anything so called again. No update and the technical team don't work weekends at all, so I now have to wait until at least Monday to find out why my card doesn't work, or whether there's been any security problems with it.

There aren't any supervisors available nor do they have a complaints procedure at all 

This concerns me on a few levels...

1. No technical support at weekends, when usage will be high.

2. No info available on potential fraudulent use at all.

3. The person couldn't understand my point that if I'm told on a Thursday that I'd be updated within 48 hours, then waiting until Monday would miss that target...

And one final moan - I have no problem with overseas call centres, but please insist they use a decent VOIP connection so it's actually possible to communicate easily!!!

43 REPLIES 43

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

I've contacted support several times in the past (via email) they usually reply within 24 hours. The support team have also phoned me to help.

However recently I've hit a brick wall. I needed to update card details due to expiration. There is no option within the app to update, so had to delete the card and add again.

My card will no longer add and the team cannot get it working....

The app now reports my phone is not compatible...

Such a shame this was a great app and service when it was working.

I've given up; but I hope your issue is resolved. 👍

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rs101 @thesoupdragon We'd like to help with the issues you're experiencing with Vodafone Wallet.

Did you both contact the dedicated Vodafone Pay team on 08000 148 902 (free from UK landlines and mobiles) or when emailing them at help@vodafonewallet.com?

Yes, I called that number both times. There simply isn't anyone in the technical team at weekends, apparently, so nothing can be done about the blocked card until at least Monday. They don't have any info at all about why it was blocked.

Just called again. They've got no further information yet.

They've done another card pin reset (the last one was triggered Thursday but I was only prompted this morning). 

Interestingly, they confirmed that every pin reset uses the same temporary pin number.

hrym

As a matter of interest, have you tried restarting the phone?   I had trouble last week - Wallet was working one day, but not the next.  After a restart, it was fine.   The only thing that was different was that I'd connected to a Bluetooth speaker which has NFC capability.  I hadn't used that, but the phone was near enough that there could have been an interaction.

I agree with @thesoupdragon that not having a update option is stupid, but it's not the first time I've encountered something similar - our local park & ride has an auto-pay option that insists you delete and re-add.  Do you absolutely need to update the expiry date (did the card stop working, or did you just assume that it would?)   Some services, and also continuous payment authority, don't require an update and will go on working.

Rebooted mine several times. It's definitely a backend problem as the card shows as not in service on their system (and has been for at least a week). 

After speaking to a supervisor (strange that they didn't exist at weekends...) , it seems the system has thrown a potential fraud marker on the account, so blocked it completely. Even if I were to add another card or Paypal, they'd be automatically blocked too. He has no idea why or when it'll be resolved as only the mythical tech department can see that.

Have pointed out to him the very poor advice given to me by the other wallet helpline staff. Eg:-

1. Telling customers tech department will respond within 24-48 hours, even though there's no set targets for them.
  2. Asking for screenshots of standard error messages before they can escalate (not true at all..)
  3. Triggering multiple pointless PIN resets, all of which use the same temporary pin number for every customer.

thesoupdragon

@Tash 

I contacted the dedicated Team from within the App via the Help section (email)

@hrym

The card stopped working as the Date on it had expired, I had been issued a new card that now had a new CVC number.

I have experienced similar before where I had tried to add a new card and the whole system had become stuck! This took several days to rectify but did clear, with help from the dedicated team.

The story gets a twist now...

My daughters phone died, so she pinched my HTC M9.

I am now using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with Vodafone Stock Firmware (Android 5-Lollipop).

This Phone has NFC and the NFC/WiFi SIM from Vodafone however the App says the Note 3 is not capable of working ith Vodafone Wallet...?

As much as I really enjoyed using Vodafone Wallet, this lack of compatibillity is rediculous!

So now I'm stuck!

One of the few Vodafone Apps worth having is super picky about what it works on? 

Strangely the Note 1 is listed as being compatible... Go figure..?

hrym

There seems to be something about older implementations of NFC, @thesoupdragon.   I belive that, although Wallet will work on the M9, it won't on the M8 (which is only about a year older, as I remember).  I also seem to remember that Wallet got very antsy for about 24 hours after transferring to a new device.

Have you tried Android Pay instead?   That's supposed to work with anything above (I think) 4.4, not be picky about hardware - and not require a special SIM, of course.

Or, give your daughter the Note 3 and claim the M9 back :smileywink:

thesoupdragon

@hrym

Tried Android Pay but unfortunately my bank is not available on that service yet, which is why I was using Vodafone Wallet. 

My daughter won't give up the M9 now... Lol, she loves it!

Not sure about the NFC compatibility point? As I mentioned the much older Galaxy Note 1 is listed as supported. So that wouldn't make sense?

I think it's just typical Vodafone, they turn services on for a select few devices and forget about others... It's as if the App is still in some sort of testing phase?

There are a large number of people out there that Vodafone could be picking up, that like me can't use either Apple Pay or Android Pay, yet once again Vodafone drops the Ball.

This is so frustrating, a great service spoiled by lack of foresight! 😔