cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone advantage discount usable on £19/16GB sim only plan?

Johnmcl7
9: Established

I'd like to get a family member onto the new £19/16GB sim-only plan but wanting to double check Vodafone advantage can be used on this tariff, it's not showing as being discounted (currently getting a discount on a £25 promotional tariff myself).  I've tried live chat with Vodafone but they said they couldn't answer this type of query.

Thanks,

John

Knowledge is power, guard it well
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to do the same and failed. I signed up to a £19/month deal with no mention of the word discount. I try and apply the VEA discount but get told there is already a discount on my account.

Turns out this 'launch deal' is actually the regular tariff with a £13/month discount applied which expires in July 2019.  I find this very misleading and mis-advertised as not only is the discount not called out but the fact that it has an expiry date too is very deceptive. 

This is what I ordered

6rp0H9P

This is actually what you get

Qasgeu5

Having just joined Vodafone,  I find this very underhanded which has placed my confidence in VF into doubt.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Johnmcl7

Sorry if you've seen this links and if they are relevant.

The specific  criteria are pointed out in them. 

Vodafone-Advantage FAQs.

Vodafone-Advantage.

If they don't help or are not applicable then please call Customer Services on 191.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hello @Johnmcl7

Sorry if you've seen this links and if they are relevant.

The specific  criteria are pointed out in them. 

Vodafone-Advantage FAQs.

Vodafone-Advantage.

If they don't help or are not applicable then please call Customer Services on 191.

Yes I'm aware of how the Vodafone Advantage scheme works - the problem is Vodafone have an inconsistent approach to what a discounted plan is.  Last year I couldn't use the discount on a £20/20GB package (when at the time a 4GB package was around £18) as that was a discounted plan but this year on the similar £25/25GB plan, I'm able to use the discount.

Hence I'm trying to find what the story is with the current promotional tariffs.

m1tch3m
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I tried this with the 20Gb £22 a month contract, but was unable to apply the VAD code...

Spoke with Vodafone who said you can only have 1 discount on the contract.  They could take off the current discount and add my VAD code but it'd be slightly more than what they were offering...

@m1tch3m wrote:

I tried this with the 20Gb £22 a month contract, but was unable to apply the VAD code...

Spoke with Vodafone who said you can only have 1 discount on the contract.  They could take off the current discount and add my VAD code but it'd be slightly more than what they were offering...

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was concerned about - it's irritating they're not showing a discount I can see on their page which would make it clearer to see if the plan was eligible or not.

I had a similar experience when I was getting my Sim plan. I spoke to one of the sales team managers who stated that the VEA couldn't be applied to the £25 25gb plan but after speaking to someone else they confirmed I could. It seems to depend on who you speak to.

I've just tried to do the same and failed. I signed up to a £19/month deal with no mention of the word discount. I try and apply the VEA discount but get told there is already a discount on my account.

Turns out this 'launch deal' is actually the regular tariff with a £13/month discount applied which expires in July 2019.  I find this very misleading and mis-advertised as not only is the discount not called out but the fact that it has an expiry date too is very deceptive. 

This is what I ordered

6rp0H9P

This is actually what you get

Qasgeu5

Having just joined Vodafone,  I find this very underhanded which has placed my confidence in VF into doubt.

@faraw wrote:

Turns out this 'launch deal' is actually the regular tariff with a £13/month discount applied which expires in July 2018.  I find this very misleading and mis-advertised as not only is the discount not called out but the fact that it has an expiry date too is very deceptive. 

That sounds right - if it has a discount then you can't use Vodafone Advantage but for some reason Vodafone don't make it clear which tariffs are allowed or not.  That answers the question though thanks.

You're welcome. I added a few images to my post to highlight what I consider mis-advertising.

I'd like to know what happens July 2019!

jeffkinn

The reason that Vodafone doesn't mention it is that the VEA is not a customer facing discount. It's a scheme operated on behalf of employers and offered to you by that employer. They should be telling you what plans are and are not eligible for the VEA.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png