Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone fiber : Spotify connect and powerline not working

Braj_chan
4: Newbie
Just got connected to Vodafone fiber (upto 38 Meg) yesterday. Little bit of starting trouble, no connectivity but apparently I didn't configure content control which was blocking Internet access. The CS lady quickly understood the problem and within few minutes everything was up and running in no time.
I am getting the higher end of speed my line can support hence very happy ( 24meg download).
I have managed to connect everything with the app including fire tv(LAN), PS3( LAN), Sky box, Samsung TV, Marantz AVR, Harmony hub, ipad air, ipad, iPhone 6 via the app in a jiffy.
However I have been unable to stream Spotify premium via the connect app on my mobile through Marantz AVR which was not a problem through BT Home hub 5. Also the powerline adapter which connected my PC upstairs doesn't work anymore.
Are both of these issues due to the LAN connectivity issue or something else?
Also anyone else having similar problems?
Also note Airplay works just fine.
Thank you all in advance
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Braj_chan - Check the configuration of your reciever and resync the adapter - as with your Airplay working this shows that the connect app is able to stream data.

Braj_chan
Thanks for the early reply. I'll try but I didn't need to do anything( including resyncing adapter) with home hub 5, it connected automatically to Spotify connect on the AV.
I just found out Nest Thermostat even though connected with Internet is not syncing with nest.com anymore. One of the reasons as stated by nest troubleshooting is
"Your Wi-Fi access point isn’t compatible with Nest products". As before it worked perfectly first time when connected with home hub 5. My nest Thermostat still shows time as 7am in the morning eventhough it is 2pm now.
Honestly I'm now having doubts whether I'll continue with Vodafone broadband if there are so many compatibility issues.
Can I ask how do I check for current firmware version on the router? Just wanted to check if the new firmware which was due for release this month has been installed in the router or not.
Thank you

@Braj_chan - You can check the firmware version on your settings on the router. The updates are being rolled out this month.

Here's a statement that was released previously.

Braj_chan
Okay, I have an update for the benefit of others
1. Spotify started working, I restarted my phone which is the only thing I did.
2. Nest Thermostat app however I had to uninstall/ reinstall as well as reset the thermostat which lost my account and the entire weekly schedule. But it now links with nest.com.
3. Amazon fire tv app didn't work initially even after reinstalling but miraculously started working the next day.
4. My powerline adapter still DOESN'T work hence I'm using wifi at the moment which isn't great two floors up.Hopefully the firmware update should fix this.

Chisanga
1: Seeker

Late to the party but may help others. Try disconnecting powerline. I had some problems with wired devices accessed wirelessly through the router, including my NAS. It seems like there is a conflict. Everything worked as it should after removed it from the system. I am using a tp-link powerline. Yet to figure out how to get it to work together.