Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone redirecting me home page on mobile

Chrisp998
4: Newbie
Hi, i have content control turned off, secure net deactivated but still i get redirected to Vodafone home page on my mobile. Even when when trying to view horror movie sites and forums? It says ,unsecure site and redirects?

Spoken to Vodafone but still not working. I'm new to the network.
56 REPLIES 56

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Unfortunately your not alone with Content Control Issues. 

There has been a few similar recent posts on the Community Forum. 

Sometimes clearing caches and cookies and or trying another browser can help. Ensuring no security suite, firewall, browser settings are hindering you. 

Appreciate you have spoken with vodafone already but it maybe beneficial to use Live Chat to have your Account Settings re checked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Worth having a look at the compensation part of the Ofcom Site.....

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/mobile-faults-gu...

Chrisp998
Unfortunately tried that. Installed different browsers. Was on phone to Vodafone most of yesterday and they said it will be sorted but still same today.

Starting to regret leaving EE!

BandOfBrothers

Appreciate your frustrated with the situation. 

As you've tried customer services please let the Vodafone Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they will help you with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

There's clearly something going on.   The forum team are looking into it, and I've added this specific issue to the list.

Chrisp998
Many thanks for looking into this. Please let me know when you have it solved?

hrym

The forum team will contact you, if they haven't already.   You'll know it's fixed when you have full access.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chrisp998

Thanks for letting us know you're having issues with your content control.

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on your device?

Also, have you logged onto your My Vodafone online account to ensure your content control is turned off for your account?

If you've actioned all of this and your content control, as mentioned, is also restricting you from viewing certain sites, please get back to us and we'll look into this for you.

Yes, I've check all content control is off.  I've also spoken to the Vodafone tech support, who also double check the content control and switch on the secure net.  Still not working???  Any sites with restrictions shows as 'unsecure' redirects me to the Vodafone home page.  Picture attached.