Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone redirecting me home page on mobile

Chrisp998
4: Newbie
Hi, i have content control turned off, secure net deactivated but still i get redirected to Vodafone home page on my mobile. Even when when trying to view horror movie sites and forums? It says ,unsecure site and redirects?

Spoken to Vodafone but still not working. I'm new to the network.
56 REPLIES 56

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chrisp998 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Evielae
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm having the exact same problem. Tried clearing cache and turning off vodafone secure net but no luck. Internet browsing through my home Wi-Fi is fine. Just on mobile data I'm having the issue

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When you use wifi, content control is handled by the provider of that, which is why you can get full access that way.   This is a known issue and the team are looking to see if there's a common cause.   They should respond to you individually in due course, though, and will fix the matter if it's account-related.

Chrisp998
Glad I'm not the only one to have this issue. Awaiting a call back from Vodafone.

Chrisp998
Elielae, I've just spoken to Vodafone and they aren't sure what's causing this. It sounds like unless they get enough people reporting the problem we may have to put up with it. Worth reporting it with them and see if you get any further.

Chrisp998
Anyone closer to sorting this yet?

I used live chat and they referred it to a technical team who are meant to email

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Evielae

Thanks for letting us know you're also encountering problems.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be happy to look into this for you.

@Chrisp998

Thanks for keeping us updated on what's happened since you contacted our team.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch via the email thread.

Still awaiting for it to be sorted.  No change.  Hopefully someone will have an answer soon???   Been into the Vodafone store today and the checked the sim, definitely not a problem with the phone.  Sim is blocking sites when put in other phones.

First week with Vodafone not going well....

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chrisp998

Have you emailed us using the link in the private message we sent previously?

Let us know your email reference number from the automated response [#15xxxxxx] and we'll chase this up for you. 

The issue with content control is something we're currently looking into and hope to have things resolved as soon as possible.