Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone redirecting me home page on mobile

Chrisp998
4: Newbie
Hi, i have content control turned off, secure net deactivated but still i get redirected to Vodafone home page on my mobile. Even when when trying to view horror movie sites and forums? It says ,unsecure site and redirects?

Spoken to Vodafone but still not working. I'm new to the network.
56 REPLIES 56

Me neither. I cancelled EE when they couldn't match a deal in terms of data and handset and went with vodafone. Paying to have more data is pointless if they are going to block any website which has a invalid security certificate. Starting to wish I hadn't cancelled 

Thought I'd let you know, they finally sorted it!  Went into store any they reset ALL content control.  Restarted phone this morning as advised and its all unblocked!  Hope you get yours sorted soon.

I'm having this issue. 

Spent an hour or so on live chat switching things on and off (everything was set to off initially so I shouldn't have this problem); then was assured they'd done something to fix it and it would be done in 15 minutes. Didn't work. It was hinted by the chat person that I must just be imagining it! So I went into a VF store and demonstrated it. They saw there was an issue, checked their systems and confirmed that everything was off and that I shouldn't be getting blocked on some sites. Told me to go back to support.

Next day, about 3 hours on live chat, more "we don't really believe you, it's all off", more assurances and promises after switching things on/off, before finally being escalated to some department where they said there is a known issue and they will add me to it. Said I could expect a response in 24 to 48h. It's been about 48h now but not heard anything.

Was comforting to find this thread though and know others have had it. But my solution has not been solved by a store visit :Sad_face:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chrisp998 I'm glad to see that your problem has now been resolved. :smileyhappy:

@cushtee Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

@alex thanks, have replied using that form you gave me - I've just tested again and the problem still persists.

Also, I was a bit unsure about using that form you gave me a link to. Given that it asks for lots of personal information, the site is not running over https, so all that personal information is going in clear text over the internet. I think someone at VF should sort that out pretty quickly.

@Chrisp998 sorry to hear you have it back now. Maybe they'll fix it for good if they know it's not just me!

I got them to try resetting all content control. Have waited 48 hours. This didnt work at all for me  :Sad_face:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Evielae We've received your latest email. A member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible to help.

@cushtee I can see that a member of the team contacted you today in regards to this. Please reply to their email and we'll help you further.

Restarted my phone for like the 10th time after getting all content controls reset and it's now working!

@Natasha have replied. He seemed quite confident which is good.

You definitely need to sort out the non SSL form though, especially asking for things like DOB and address.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I know how frustrating this is, i had same feeling with the tech support people not believing me.  York Vodafone we're fantastic when i went in. Tired my sim in other phones , then reset everything in store. 24 hours later it was working fine. 

Hope you get yours sorted.