Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone repeatedly NOT sending NUC - just the 'how to' email

monsterman99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Been trying to get this sorted for 3 weeks now via email and chat.  Hung up on agan via chat so here we go on the forum.

To cut a long story short - this email keeps arriving but no code.

Chat continually suggests entering the actual text NUC.  They've even suggested random numbers!

Here's the recurring email -

Dear Customer 

Further to your telephone conversations with the Vodafone Helpline regarding the unlocking of your  G850 handset with the IMEI of *************** and mobile number of *******I set out below the procedure and the unlocking code:- 

NUC CODE: 
1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

If the procedure above fails to work please do not attempt to enter the procedure again. Please contact the Vodafone Helpline for further assistance. 

I hope that you will find this information straightforward, however should you require any further information or assistance please contact the Helpline on 191 from your mobile. 

Yours Sincerely 

Vodafone Customer Services

16 REPLIES 16

I honestly couldn't take it anymore.  I thought it was just me that couldn't see the 'hidden' code.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@monsterman99

I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us. Please follow the instructions on the message and we'll be in touch.

Well about a month after first contact - about 6 hours on chat and phone - and after so much misinformation from everyone I spoke to at Vodafone - 

A code eventually arrived!

It's the same code as the one paid for but that was £10 worth of sanity!

So anyone reading this in future.

DEMAND the 8 digit code and dont listen to anything 'they' tell you!

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@monsterman99

I'm glad to hear you've received your network unlock code (NUC).

If you ever need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

CUT THROUGH ALL THE UNHELPFUL STAFF, STOP BEING PASSED AROUND IN CIRCLES, DON'T BE TREATED AS A PIECE OF DIRT.
DEMAND TO BE DEALT WITH BY CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON 01635 33251, FORCEFULLY REQUEST THEY "MANUALLY UNLOCK" YOUR PHONE. Yes, they actually have a procedure to unlock your phone without a NUC code needed. (Note, I have an Android phone, this post my not be correct for iPhones, BUT, save time by going to the top complaints team and be forceful).
I provide this info to allow customers facing the same distress, wasted hours and bottom-level support to achieve a legal resolution with no further issues to themselves.
Heres a bit more detail to the above:
Had a similar issue trying to leave Vodafone (still ongoing). This after a year of mis-billing, contract issue (Vodafone decided to give me a new contract but then billed me nearly £500 for their inability to fix my previous contract (I cancelled my direct debit fortunately - after many hours Vodafone admitted their fault and stopped trying to take the £500 from me), and occasionally cutting off my service without any notice.
Back to the NUC issue. After many hours, complaining, passed around and eventually threats of legal routs (Ombudsman, Watchdog, Ofcom, legal representation) I may have finally been offered a completely new solution.
Spoke to Customer Relations Dept. I'm informed Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock". This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.
I suggest you skip any other form of customer support (I've spent hours doing so and just get given "wait for another 48 hours sir..." then followed by the same non-working NUC code. And the loop goes on.
I am waiting to see if this works, but I made myself very clear on the actions I'm willing to take and this appears to have had the desired effect.
One wonders why not one customer services person (Complaints Dept, Consumer Resolutions Dept, Complaints Dept, NUC "team", Technical Support, In-store staff etc) had ever offered me this option. Any why I took every conceivable threat to get someone at Vodafone to release me.
I'm naturally going to go through the Ombudsman, I'm requesting all audio recordings, all history on my file, and had resorted to making my own audio recordings of my phone calls to Vodafone in an attempt to seek a fair and just punishment / compensation etc.

Wonder if ANYONE at Vodafone will update the internal policies and begin offering all customers this option???? As future customers get the same problem, at least this post is reference (along with others Im posting to) that Vodafone altered NOTHING internally - instead deciding to continue causing issues for their customers that could be avoided very easily.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
It's worth noting that no network can unlock any Apple product. They request an unlock but Apple controls the process. There is no code but it's all Internet based when an iPhone/iPad connects with a different sim card.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

My reacion on reading this trhead was, "well, the code's in there" - did you try it:

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

I've highlighted the code, to make it clearer.  FWIW, I don't think the following digit is part of it, I think it's step 3 of the procedure.