Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone repeatedly NOT sending NUC - just the 'how to' email

monsterman99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Been trying to get this sorted for 3 weeks now via email and chat.  Hung up on agan via chat so here we go on the forum.

To cut a long story short - this email keeps arriving but no code.

Chat continually suggests entering the actual text NUC.  They've even suggested random numbers!

Here's the recurring email -

Dear Customer 

Further to your telephone conversations with the Vodafone Helpline regarding the unlocking of your  G850 handset with the IMEI of *************** and mobile number of *******I set out below the procedure and the unlocking code:- 

NUC CODE: 
1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

If the procedure above fails to work please do not attempt to enter the procedure again. Please contact the Vodafone Helpline for further assistance. 

I hope that you will find this information straightforward, however should you require any further information or assistance please contact the Helpline on 191 from your mobile. 

Yours Sincerely 

Vodafone Customer Services

16 REPLIES 16

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @monsterman99

The unlock code is in the second paragraph of the email #7465625*638*NUC# 3.

You are probably referring to the title.

If you have any problems entering the code, please come back to the forum.

@monsterman99

Pleae read the email, the paragraph in bold gives the code to type into the phone.

I must be losing my mind then as I'm not seeing an 8 digit code in the second paragraph.

What exactly do you think the NUC is?

Surely the text 'NUC' is representative of the 8 digit numerical code?

"Pleae read the email, the paragraph in bold gives the code to type into the phone."

No it doesn't.  With 17,000 posts under your belt I'd have thought you might have come across this before?

Lets be clear about this as you seem to be as confused as the Vodafone support I've had so far.

The text in bold you are referring to is how to enter the NUC - not the NUC itself.

NUC = Network Unlock Code

An 8 digit number.

I would sincerely like to be wrong about this as it would put an end to the hours I'm wasting on finding a resolution.

Also - to clarify - a G850 is a Samsung Galaxy Alpha.  There is no way to input any text via the 'keypad' that is presented on the code input screen.

AnnS

Hi @monsterman99

Take the phone and email into a Vodafone Store.

They will be able to help.

I doubt that very much.  Going by past experience - and perfectly demonstrated with this issue - the knowledge base of the customer support staff seems rather limited.

And so I am here - picking the brains of the thousands of enlightened beings that frequent these forums...

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Well, let's tell it like it is then. The chances of store staff helping you are entirely dependent on the mood of the day - they are there to sell phones not to provide customer service, as has been posted here many times before. You might strike lucky, you might not. A better bet would be to wait for a member of the Vodafone eforum tech team to reply to this thread - shouldn't be long now.

Unfortunately this issue isn't going to be resolved without the assistance of someone from Vodafone.

Well so long Vodafone.   Went down the 3rd party route and it's done!  No questions asked - no ridiculous suggestions of inputting random numbers.  Here's the 8 digit code - that'll be a tenner please.

Why, oh, why, oh, why did I expect to get decent customer support from Vodafone?

I still can't quite believe just how inept the chat staff have been.  I'll leave it that or it'll end up a rant.

seeya!

jeffkinn

The next time the phone software is updated you may well find that the phone re-locks to Vodafone. That's why it's always best to persevere with an official unlock rather than an unofficial one.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png