Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wallet

chamment
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Can you use Vodafone wallet if you have a business account?

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @chamment

Yes I can't see why not as long as you have an eligible phone. 

Terms-and-Conditions ~ Vodafone-Wallet.

How-do-I-use-Vodafone-Wallet-and-what-are-the-spending-limits.

Vodafone-wallet and Vodafone-pay Support Information.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Vodafone business are saying that they are unable to supply an NFC sim for my galaxy s8. They also say that I can't get a sim from the consumer side of vodafone and that it won't work because they use different systems. I have been told so many different stories by call centre people that I don't know who to believe. One said that I don't actually need an NFC sim, because it is old technology and now built into the s8. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has a managed to install wallet on a business contract

hrym

There is functionality built into Android devices, but (as far as I'm aware at least), you still need an NFC SIM for Wallet to work.   The business and consumer systems are indeed separate and it's a long time since I had a business account.   When I did, you certainly didn't need a different SIM (I moved from Business to Personal but, as I say, it was a long time ago) and it may be that you do now.

You could try getting an NFC SIM from a Vodafone shop, but be prepared for it not to work and to have to swap back (you'd need a third SIM; you can't reactivate the old one :smileysad:.   In the long run, it might be simpler just to use Android Pay.   That doesn't need a special SIM and should work with any device running a recent version of Android (I have a feeling it may be from 4.4 upwards).

The forum team will pick this thread up in due course and should be able to provide the definitive answer.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for posting @chamment.

So we can help with your query, I've contacted the dedicated team for further information on this. 

Once we receive an update, we'll add this to the thread.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chamment Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

So we can take a closer look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.

hrym

@TashIs it possible to answer the original question publicly on this thread?   It would be useful to know if Wallet is available to business as well as consumer users.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @hrym :smileyhappy:

There shouldn't be a restriction for Business users - however we'll need to complete our investigation to understand why this has happened.

hrym

Thank you, @Tash

I have been told today that I have to visit a store to set it up and that it can't be done by Vodafone over the phone. Seems ludicrous and I am not going out of my way to visit a store to be told that they can't do it.