Ask

Solution

Vr head set 2017

dixons999
3: Seeker

Hi had this conversation on my upgrade 

M:

The above plan is for S7 and not for S7 Edge. We have the same plan available for S7 Edge 32GB as well for £58 per month tariff and £10 upfront cost.

M:

Also, you will get Free Gear VR with the above deal.

I Deleted the staff full name to protect them

Phone arrived 21.3.2017 no headset so I rang and I go the respond when I I said it was not with my phone " oh I know what has happened go to the samsung web page or shop and put in the proof of purchase and it will come "

Went to the web page and the offer Ended october 2016

Just spent the last hour on the chat and got this 

N: No worries Stephen i can understand you cocnern
N:

So in this case i'll request you to please select a fresh order of VR in Vodafone website.

N:

And once the order is select please contact us and we will wave off this VR charges in your order

N:

After then you will received the Order Free of cost

Stephen: 
Ok can vodafone no just send me one out?

N:

Yes sure

N: But in this case you need to placed the order on vodafone sire
Nitesh:

site*

N: And after then please came over this chat and we're wave off this VR charges

This don't feel right

help pls 

51 REPLIES 51

Ajohno389
Glad to hear you sorted it, i also managed to get it sorted now thank you! :Smiling:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's great to hear @Ajohno389 @dixons999, thanks for updating us :smileyhappy:

fangface666
4: Newbie
Hi, I'm having the same issue, my wife upgraded to an S7 edge on the 23rd ( I'm the account holder, she pays for her own bill) and was told it included a free VR headset, the phone arrived today but thats all that was in the packet

I've just phoned 191 and was told I have to claim it from Samsung either in-store or online.
But the nearest store is in Norwich 25 miles away and there doesn't seem to be an option online to make the claim.
Can someone tell me how they resolved their situation.
Cheers.

Did you add the Vodafone Vr Headset when completing your original order ?

As far as I'm aware this isn't connected to a Samsung Promotion. 

Let the Vodafone Tech Team catch up with your post. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ajohno389
I recieved a second order number and mine was dispatched on the 24th which oddly enough was the day i recieved my phone and the headset and i recieved early Sunday morning way before i was supposed to get to me but the tracking number wasnt working on their site at all so i was in the dark about when it was to arrive so it just arrived out of the blue.

Ajohno389
Got an email from dpd for delivery time a few minutes after the headset arrived. :Smiling:

fangface666
I ( or rather my wife) upgraded over the phone via 191 so never had the option to add it to the order herself ( as I see is the process when upgrading online) as this was all handled by the upgrade centre staff member.

fangface666
@ Ajohno389 glad you got yours sorted out, but you didn't say how you did it.

Ajohno389
I didnt have to do anything, i upgraded via live chat the advisor added it for me, the same day i recieved my phones delivery update for next day i got a new order number for the VR i wasnt able to track it as it was showing as invalid but then arrived on sunday. I was told by live chat the day before it arrived that i was to contact samsung but the deal isnt with them its with vodafone so them saying that is useless, samsung will just tell you the offer isnt active with them and to talk to vodafone so in your case i would suggest contacting them again.

fangface666
Cheers @Ajohno389 seems like vodafone staff are mis informed as it was one of their staff that told me to claim it from Samsung.
I will try again tomorrow (in the hope I may get a delivery email in the meantime)