cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can't I change the storage settings for the camera on my vodafone prime smart 6

StevenSimmySimm
3: Seeker
Why can't I change the storage settings for the camera on my vodafone prime smart 6 to micro SD card?? This is really frustrating as if it's set to true HD the internal storage fills up after a couple minutes so you have to stop, go to storage cut and paste the file to your externek SD then start recording again!! Please update
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StevenSimmySimm
Yes its here!!!! Finally 🙂 just had an android update this morning and if you install it then go to your camera and stay on photo, then go to the settings and it let's you change it to SD and this change covers you for videos aswell thankfully it's here and I'm over the moon.... Thankyou Vodafone\andriod my phone is now complete

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Not every handset allows photos to be stored directly onto the SD card from the camera, some only allow you to store photos on the internal storage.

There may be a setting you can use to modify this, so it might be worth having a play around. I will also do some digging and see if I can find out more.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
A recent thread

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Vodafone-Devices/Vodafone-smart-prime-6/td-p/178614

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

StevenSimmySimm
Thanks but I've checked everywhere on the phones settings and there's nothing?? I tjink its gonna need an update!!! Its so annoying if your recording a family event as the 2gb internal that's left over from the 4gb after all your apos and everything only lasts a couple minutes if your recording in true hd , but my 16gb exrernel is empty? You would think it would give you the option to switch once the warning comes up to tell you the internet is running low!!! Apart from that its an amazing phone for the price, thankyoy for helping

StevenSimmySimm
Internal is running low!! ( not internet?)

Hi,

I've looked at the official user manual and cannot yet seem to find anything.

Unfortunately the internal memory of that phone is a little meagre.

Current Phone  >

StevenSimmySimm
anks but I've checked everywhere on the phones settings and there's nothing?? I tjink its gonna need an update!!! Its so annoying if your recording a family event as the 2gb internal that's left over from the 4gb after all your apos and everything only lasts a couple minutes if your recording in true hd , but my 16gb exrernel is empty? You would think it would give you the option to switch once the warning comes up to tell you the internal is running low!!! Apart from that its an amazing phone for the price, thankyoy for helping

StevenSimmySimm
Its a £79 phone so I didnt expect much memory wise, that's why I bought the 16gb SD card but its worthless if I can't change the storage?? They need to release an update to correct it I think!!! Really recommend the phone its basically a cheap version of the HTC M8 (which I've owned) andvits near enough identical in look and functionality, I love it but this 1 issue has really let it down, thanks for helping mate, 😉

You're Welcome.

I know it's a basic 'ish Smartphone phone but I've used more basic phones which have allowed this change of storage feature !

Unfortunately due to the amount of internal storage which is taken up by the operating system and by updates in the future ,and apps etc theirs not a lot left over.

I cringe when people tell me they've bought the iPhone 5c which has 8gb.

Current Phone  >

StevenSimmySimm
Its ridiculous how much it all takes up isn't it!! I'll have enough left for a couple of photos soon if it carries on, like you say other more basic phones have the option, even my daughters smart 4 has the option which is why I'm bemused as to why this hasn't?? Its technically its big brother,?? Haha its an easy fix with an update but who do you talk to about the problem so they can fix it