Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

defaulted account credit file

MattTomlinson
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi can anyone help, me and my girlfrind have been looking to get a morgage toghether, she has checked her credit file and there is a defaulted account to vodaphone on there from a phone she had in 2015, its for£41 that she though she was told that she didnt owe and was all sorted. sheoved has had no letters to her new address and all vodaphone on the phone say is they have passed it to an dept agency cant help, poor girl is distraught and cant even get hold of the agency to speak to them. how can we sort it and get the default removed, seems so crazy and harshe for £41 she new nothing about 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi 

I totally understand the frustration a default can cause. 

When she closed the account via giving 30 days or using a Pac Code to take her number to a new network did she get a £0 bill and sorry your leaving letter which after paying the final bill via Direct Debit. This then confirms all is paid and account ceased. Unfortunately if a person moves address and or closes their direct debit before final payment is taken then Vodafone can and will add a default. 

If warranted it won't be removed for 6 years. 

Some info in http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Default-on-your-Credit-File-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correcti...

Vodafone Teams read all posts here too so please let them also catch up with your thread and I'm sure they will help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately not, she wrote to them cancelling the account 2 months before it was due to expire, then (her error i know) she cancelled the direct debit, Vodaphone then said she had missed a payment and had record of the cancellation. She spoke to a customer service team member on the phone who assured her that it was all sorted and they had cancelled the account and she had nothing more to pay.

She then moved house as she was splitting from her husband and so didnt get any mail if it was sent to her.

The phone itself was broken and sim not used for the last 9 months before she tried to cancel so vodaphone had definitely got their moneys worth out of her.

Hopefully she has got it sorted, she rang vodaphone again cause the debt company had no record of her and see offered to pay the £41 if the lady on the other end would sort it. She promised she would so now we are waiting, she was told once the payment cleared it would be removed ni a week or so. And 2 emails were promised. I hope it happens cause the first guy in 2015 said the same thing, if anyone could check for us from the vodaphone staff that read this board it would be helpful.

As i hope you can see she never intended to not pay, never new the debt was still open and has paid up as a gesture to hopefully have it sorted, all for £41 on a phone that wasnt used in most of the last year of the contract.

sorry that should have been "no record of the cancellation"

@MattTomlinson

I've sent you a private message with details on how she can get in touch.

Once received, we'll be happy to look into this for her.