Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

issue with switching to payg from monthly contract with same number

neilly123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

have had 2 seperate phones on pay monthly (on the one bill) for a few years. wishing to go payg (still with vodafone). but wish to keep the same numbers. however these sims have now been blocked/locked as the contract has ended. please advise next stage please.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @neilly123

Contracts don't end, you have agreed to a mininum term, not a maximum term.   Providing you have continued to pay the monthly bill and the contracts have been cancelled by you, contracts will continue to roll over on a month to month basis and the numbers will still be active. 

To get the the transfer to PAYG done with 30 days notice, this is going to need account access.  This can be done by using live chat or contacting Vodafone from the contact us link below.  

Contact Us

@neilly123

You won't be able to log into your online account, it will be closed.  Vodafone should have sent you 2 PAYG SIM's for the numbers.  The best thing to do is to make contact, Customer Services should be able to find out what has happened.   It will take 30 days to make the change to PAYG, but if the numbers are disconnected from your contracts, this should have been done.

the contracts were cancelled but on the belief that the numbers were to get transferred onto payg sims.  This has not been done. unable to sign into 'my vodafone' as the 2 numbers set up for the verification code to be sent to are the 2 numbers that have been blocked.  Im at my wits end as i really need my number for work purposes but am getting nowhere.

so finally, 2 hours later, and being pushed from pillar to post, i have my PAC codes and am looking for a decent mobile network provider who puts customers first.

10 long years, and with many issues, i am finally free from the worst company ever!!

Only time ive came away happy after dealing with Vodafone. HaHA

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Well I suppose the silver lining here is whatever went wrong with your migration from postpaid to prepay was resolved today if you have your PAC codes now.

Good luck in your search

hrym

A trnsfer from PAYM to PAYG has to be handled correctly and done before the contract is cancelled.   If not, the numbers go back into the pool for recycling.   I believe they're held for about 3 months and they're normally regarded as non-retrievable, but I have seen instances of their being recovered in special circumstances.   Hang on for the forum team to pick up this thread as they may be able to help you - or at least try.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@neilly123 We'd like to help get this sorted for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.