Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Upgrade" by Vodafone - big joke.

ste100
4: Newbie

Hi;

I am with Vodafone 9 years, and i got with you 2 contracts.

Today i spoke via chat with upgrade/disconnection team twice, because i would like to do early upgrade on 1 of my contracts due to technical issues with my phone /3 months early upgrade/.

So the first lady gave me an offer from the sky - she offer me phone with 1GB data plan for 38£ (!), when new customer will get at this price 4GB data. That was joke no 1. I tell her, that 2 months ago my other number been upgraded, and i got quite a big discount with that upgrade - she asked me to prove it (!!!) - even if discount is visible on my account. That was joke no 2. She also said, that we can discuss my upgrade only if i will provide a transcript of my chat, where i got this offer with a discount.  That was joke no 3. I just disconnect.

Around one hour and 2 cigarettes later i spoke with the other lady. At the very beginning, before i even got a chance to say something she pull from the sky around 80£ to pay for "doing" early upgrade for me...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

I did early upgrades a lot of time, every single time my new contract was extended by a time left from previous one, NEVER EVER i payed even a penny for early upgrade, and definitely i always have been treated with respect, as i should - for being with you 9 years.

So my question is - can i speak with someone, who would like to offer me a NORMAL and DECENT deal, without trying to rob me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update.

Finally it's done; well, i got even better deal than i've expected for less :smileyhappy:

Funny is that it took 2 hours and 4 different advisors, but at the end we made it.

Thanks James for a very decent deal.

Old school - you need to push and push and push one more time, and finally someone will listen.

See ya in 2 years :smileyvery-happy:

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ste100

In my experience the deals are sweeter the nearer a person is to their contract end date and by speaking to the Vodafone Retention Department via 191 with choosing the Thinking of Leaving option. 

I can't see where you've been treated with disrespect or anyone robbing you from what you write. 

Only that you haven't been given a deal based on past contract terms you've had or what you were expecting. 

You could pick up a phone to put you on and then see what the deals are available when it's time to upgrade nearer your contract end term. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ste100

Whilst you are in commitment and not even in your upgrade period all networks would treat you the same.  If you were in your upgrade period or out of contract, you would have the upper hand and you would be in a better positon to negotiate a better deal.

If you upgrade early, Vodafone will be asking you to pay an early upgrade charge or may ask you to pay off what remains of your present contract to leave you free to negotiate a new contract with a new phone.

If it is affordable, you may even find it cheaper to buy a new phone SIM free, carry on using your present contract until it expires and then change to SIM free, it may be expensive to start with but cheaper in the long run.

There is further information on the flexi upgade optionfor you below.

What’s a Flexi-upgrade and how do I get one?

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi Ste100,

Very valid points by the two above me. It's also worth remembering that the cost of the bundle will vary significantly depending on which device you want to go for. Flagship handsets are considerably more expensive so naturally the monthly cost will reflect that. As an example a 1GB bundle with the Galaxy S8 will for instance cost more than potentially a 4GB bundle with a Galaxy S6 (this is just an example, I haven't actually checked the cost of these).

So it's worth considering which device you want and whether you will actually use all the features of it.

I didn't ask for an iPhone 7 or Galaxy S8, i was asking for something like Samsung A3 or A5, so as you see i was on a bit cheaper option.  I also asked for a cheaper monthly plan with just 1GB data, so i really DON'T UNDERSTAND their offers. 

Update.

Finally it's done; well, i got even better deal than i've expected for less :smileyhappy:

Funny is that it took 2 hours and 4 different advisors, but at the end we made it.

Thanks James for a very decent deal.

Old school - you need to push and push and push one more time, and finally someone will listen.

See ya in 2 years :smileyvery-happy:

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I’m pleased you’ve got this sorted now @ste100 :Smiling:

What phone did you go for in the end?

Samsung A5 2017 Gold.

I will probably give it to my wife so she will give me her iPhone :Winking_smiley:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Seems like a fair swap to me @ste100 :smileywink:

mj007uk7000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I have same problem . For me today upgrade different plan 29 per month 2 years contract, but i check plan 16 GB data  19 pounds per month. Ring 3 time today costumer sevice. Ask waiting 24 hours. I very angry all day. :womansad: