Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

pddaks
4: Newbie

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. 

I've Galaxy S7 Edge phone on small business pay monthly account. I wanted to use other network SIM with this phone. When I insert other netowrk's SIM it prompts me to enter PUK

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

I've contacted Vodafone at least 4 times in past 2 months to get this issue resolved but still no one in their team has been able to figure out what to do. 

FYI I haven't entered any incorrect SIM/Code or any other thing in phone or have done anything wrong with SIM.

And yes I've already tried that link where you request NUC and also a PUK was provided by their support on chat. None of these helped. I don' tneed NUC. I need them to unlock phone to be used with any other SIM. There is nothing wrong with other netowrk SIM either it works perfectly on other unlocked phone. 

It's vodafone who have to unlock phone to let me use it with any other SIM. How on the Earth I communicate this to them so that they understand it and resolve my issue. 

Any help?

133 REPLIES 133

pddaks

I spoke to Vodafone cusomter support three times today and twice to support on chat. I've explained them clearly they need to give me PUK or unblock phone or whatevr the hell they need to do to allow me to use other network's SIM on this bloody VODAFONE Locked Phone.

I've tried the PUK given by them which didn't work.

One support chap even asked me to contact other network which is simply stupidity to the highest level. It has nothing to do with other network's SIM how to explain these dumbs? These suckers have locked the phone and can't unlock or can't bloody understand how to unlock. ##~##!

Not sure where I go from here or who to contact. It's bloody mess. There is no end to dumbness from Vodafone. 

pddaks

@AnnS you are right that's what I've been explaining to them since that I need PUK or they have to unlock it somehow if the PUK provided by them is not working. Not sure what else I need to get my phone unlocked. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @pddaks

It's surprising the Business Team didn't point you in the direction of the online form on the support link below.  It should have been obvious with you being unable to use a non Vodafone SIM, the phone would be locked to the network.

The best way forward is to complete and submit the form making sure every detail matches the business acccount information or the unlock will get rejected.  Hopefully, when Vodafone get the code from Samsung, it will be the end of the issue.

How do I unlock my phone or tablet to use on another network?

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There is a difference between PUK and NUC.

NUC (Network Unlock Code) is to Unlock the phone so you can use other Network SIM in your mobile.

PUK (Personal Unlock COde) is to Unlock the SIM which locks up if you enter incorrect pin 3 times.

If your phone is asking for PUK Code, then you need to call the provider whose SIM you are trying to use. They will give you the PUK to unlock your SIM.

Vodaofne will not have that. The PUK code that Vodafone will provide will be for the Vodafone SIM.

If asking for NUC when you put the other Network SIM, that Vodafone will give you.

I've been having the exact same problem after giving my neice (who is on Tesco Mobile) my old Galaxy 6 Edge.

When placing her SIM into the 6 Edge it asks for a PUK code, I have used the one Tesco have provided for her SIM and this did not work, I then tried the NUC code provided by Vodafone to unlock the phone - this also did not work. Since then -out of desperation - I have tried my PUK code with her SIM and still nothing.

I have followed the simple instructions of powering the phone off, installing the Tesco SIM, powering the device on but the first message I get is the request for the "Network PUK Code", NOT the NUC which I'm told to expect. What I don't understand is how the other network is requesting the PUK if the phone is locked and not letting the SIM connect to its intended network?

Just to reiterate the comment above, surely it's not that hard?!

rimej
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

I am currently experiencing the same problem. Did you manage to sort this out?

Thanks.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rimej Hello! :Smiling:
If you see the ‘PIN blocked’ error message, it means you’ve entered an incorrect SIM PIN three times – and as a result, your SIM has been locked. You can find more information and support on this here.
You can also check out our handy video on receiving your PUK.
If you need to unlock your phone to be used on another Network, you'll need an NUC (Network Unlock Code).
You can get this by completing our NUC form.

dear 

all the solution u have given to uss isnt working  i have call vodafone more than 4 times up and go to your vodafone chop and explain this probleem and i got all the same answer.

i have received a email from nucresolution with this message 

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next

Your Network Unlock Code (NUC) is ********

Request you to follow the below updated procedure once to unlock your handset if you are still facing issue kindly get back to us.

1. Insert a Non VF SIM card

2. You’ll be prompted for a SIM network unlock PIN

3. Enter the 8 digit unlock code provided

4. Your device is now unlocked! 

Also, if wish for  PUK related query we request you to contact the customer service team.

this steps i have follow all the time when i have call vodafone morte than 5 time and still not unsuccesful.

what u ask to do in step

1. Insert a Non VF SIM card ( i put a EE sim and BT sim cart)

2. You’ll be prompted for a SIM network unlock PIN 

schreen shows up with "Sim network PIN blocked, enter sim network PUK"

the 2 sim carts are brand new and work finne on other mobiel handset.

did and try pin and puk code i got replay of

"network unlock reqeust UNSUCCESFUL"

this steps i have don over and over aigain with evry time i have call vodafone.

its like a recorder machine that repeat evry time u cal for this probleem and the can see in your                    account the history whats have don befor.

till now afther 5 months waiting for solution still not resolft.  

so step 3 and 4 no need to try because step 2 is unsuccesful 

3. Enter the 8 digit unlock code provided 

4. Your device is now unlocked! 

greeting john

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@john987 So we can help you further, please contact us as advised in the private message I've sent 😊