Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

?????

Stevie1
14: Advanced member

Hi not sure if this is the right place to put this but l need a bit of advise l have been asked a question on another forum and not sure if how to answer this, so i will just ask if a person already has a contract with a mobile company but wasn't due for an upgrade and wanted a new phone then they decided to order a new one on line say from cpw which cost more they then swap the SIM card from his old phone to his new one would they still be paying the original contract price or will they have to pay the new higher contract price? 

Personally i have advised them not to try it as they may end up having to pay for both contract's

:robotmad:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wwhyte92
7: Helper

Hi @Steve1

If they take out another contract then you are correct, they will be liable for paying both contracts concurrently.

Sometimes service providers allow you to do a mid-term upgrade of your existing data/minutes/text bundle if the price increases, but that doesn't usually include an upgrade of the handset.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

wwhyte92

Hi @Steve1

If they take out another contract then you are correct, they will be liable for paying both contracts concurrently.

Sometimes service providers allow you to do a mid-term upgrade of your existing data/minutes/text bundle if the price increases, but that doesn't usually include an upgrade of the handset.

Stevie1

Hi@wwhyte92,

Thanks for the reply i will make sure they understand that they will have to pay for both contract's if l remember rightly there looking at a monthly bill of over £100+ per month for both contract's and from what l understand they wouldn't to

be able to afford to pay both.

:robotmad:

@Stevie1

Yikes! That's one heck of a bill.

If they're desperate for a new handset they could sell the current one and just purchase the new one outright and unlocked. Or similarly, terminate the existing contract and use money from selling the old handset to settle some (unlikely to be all) of the early termination charges, then simply take out a new deal with the new handset.

Both options are likely to run up a high expense though.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Stevie1 Have you seen https://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2017/04/12/no-european-roaming-charges-flexible-upgrades-simplified-pric... ? Scroll down to "3. Flexible Upgrades, new price plans" - though I suspect it won't come particularly cheap.