Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone keep sending me bills after I left them

emilia1992
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I left Vodafone Pay Monthly in March 2016, and I paid my last proper bill in April. However, every month I receive a bill from Vodafone, which I cannot see online because I'm no longer a customer. I called them many times and they said that bill notification is an error, after that I got another bill and another. They promised me to sort it out, but no one cared, they even promised me last time to give me my money back, but they didn t. Last time I received a letter from the debt collection agency advising that I need to pay 47 pounds and I unfortunately paid it off so I tought they leave me alone after that , but they still send me bills.

I don't want a missed payment record, but I also don't want to pay anymore as it's not fair... their customer service is unbelively poor, for me its actually robbery.

I hope you can help me here. Otherwise I'll have to see lowyer, and get advise..

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @emilia1992

What an awful situation to be in. 

How did you close your Vodafone contract?

You would have had to given 30 days notice or requested a PAC Code to move your number to another U.K. Network and used it within 30 days by giving it to a new network. 

Contracts dont just stop but drop onto 30 day rolling contracts.. 

Did vodafone send your final bill by post which should have been paid by your Direct Debit ? Followed by a Sorry your leaving letter and £0 bill which confirms Account closure. 

May I ask did you cancel your Direct Debit?

I would strongly suggest you also check your Credit File to see if anything has been reported by Vodafone like a default or late payment marker. These can have an impact on your credit score and ability to apply for finance and mortgage etc. 

Http://www.experian.co.uk offer various options to get a Copy of your File. 

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, I closed the account the right, normal way. the 30 days notice comes then automatically. It were actually 2 separate accounts, mobile phone which was already paid off (nearly 3 years, roll over) and broadband  - the lte sim card router one.. -  never used, taken by mistake but also paid off on roll over contract as well. 

thats the worst thing - it impact on my credit score, on credit raport shown as default? . on red anyway. the direct debit was cancelled 2 months after the finall bill... 

what can i do now? please

BandOfBrothers

Hi @emilia1992

Nothing is automatic with closing an account. I assume you gave the 30 days notice to Customer service. 

I know it's easy for me to say but please hang in there until the Vodafone Team catch up with your post. 

They'll get some communication going with you privately to get you through Security Protocols as your login credentials here are not connected to your actual Vodafone Account.

Once Customer Services then have investigated this and if warranted they'll involve the Credit File Team who have the power to remove defaults.

Some information in this help post I put together.

Possibly look at the Notice of Correction section you can use yourself. 

Link > Default-on-your-Credit-File-And-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks a lot!

I will wait then for them, also I'll try to do something with the credit file using the instruction you linked. thank you

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@emilia1992 We'd like to look into this for you. :smileyhappy:

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

no replay for 2 days..

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@emilia1992 We've not received an email from the registered email address on your profile. 

Did you receive an automated reply with a case number? If so, could you please post it here so we can chase it up for you.

If not, please resubmit your email, following all of the details in the private message previously sent to you. 

hi

i have replayed streight away, week ago 

[Removed by Moderator]

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@emilia1992 - Please let us know your email reference number (looks like [#1493266]) and we’ll check we’ve got it. This will have been sent to you in an automated reply.

If you’ve not received this, please check your spam and junk folders – if it’s not there, please resubmit your details, as we won’t have received it.