23-12-2011 09:36 PM
Hello, I am a wee satisfied customer after having contracts with two other mobile carriers and I am eligible for an early upgrade at the moment but also as of the 2nd of Feb 2012 allowed to have the 'full options' upgrade (would like some more info on that please). My main concern though is:
I have been in another country for the last 6 months and still paid every month of my current contract. I will be though travelling back in 2 weeks from now for further studies and after been dissapointed once again by NOKIA (n8 is the device I have at the moment) I really want to upgrade to an android device. Samsung Galaxy s2 or NEXUS S are my choices and Nexus being really expensive leaves me with only one choice to make. I wish to proceed with Vodafone and I wa nted some more info in regards to the whole process of upgrading.
1) I joined voda through phones4u and i know that they have amazing deals with exchanging old devices etc thus most prob can get better plan or pay less for an upgrade. Can I though do it via them or do I have to do it all online via your website.
2) Is there a chance I can proceed with the same procedure through one of your stores at the moment?
3) How affected will prices may be after the 1.1.2012? On the devices I previously refered to.
Your assistance will be truly appreciated.
24-12-2011 01:35 PM - edited 24-12-2011 03:24 PM
Thanks for posting! It's great to hear you're looking to take advantage of our early upgrade program. I'll be happy to clarify a couple of things for you:
1) You can upgrade with us or any of our brokers during your final 90 days commitment, although handset cost/choice may vary depending on which company you speak to.
2) If it's an early upgrade you're after you'll only be able to do this online or with the Web Relations Team on the phone. Again, during your final 90 days you'll be able to visit us on the high-street.
3) Early upgrades are usually more as you're still clearing the cost of your current device at this point. With that in mind, there's usually an early upgrade fee and you'll only have a selection on a handful of handsets and 18 month plans if you use the online tool. Again, the Web Relations Team have access to upgrade you to any handset and usually waver the early upgrade fee too!
If you'd like to talk to my team about getting your phone replaced, simply reply to the email I've sent to you and we'll get in touch. You can see what your old handsets are worth in our Buy Back scheme too to help with costs.