08-01-2012 12:35 AM - edited 22-05-2012 09:49 PM
How to ROLL BACK your Firmware
to Official Vodafone 2.3.3 for SGS2
Files to Download:-
I9100BUKJ3_I9100VODKI2_VOD.zip Gingerbread 2.3.5 (VOD) Firmware
I9100BULPC_I9100VODLP8_VOD.zip ICS 4.0.3 (VOD) Firmware
Print or Copy instructions for reference
1. Unzip container files to extract .tar files. Save in a Folder on your Desktop
password is samfirmware.com
2. Backup all your Phone's content.
3. Open phones Dialer & Type *2767*3855# to Hard Reset the Phone.
This will also wipe the internal SDcard.
- You must have Samsung Kies installed but NOT running.
4. Run Odin3 software.
5. Click on PDA Button, Browse to your Desktop Folder and choose the Firmware .tar you want to use.
(For example - I9100BUKG2_I9100BUKG1_I9100VODKE2_HOME.TAR)
- Change NO other settings!
6. Put Phone into Download Mode by turning phone off (wait 30 seconds) - Press and Hold -
- Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time!
- Let go when the Galaxy S II Logo appears.
7. Press Volume up to confirm Download Mode.
8. Connect USB lead to Phone and to PC.
- Allow USB Drivers to install
9. Click Start - DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE!
- When the Phone Reboots you can disconnect from PC.
10. Skip through the setup process.
11. Perform Factory Reset. In Dialer type: *2767*3855#
- When phone restarts, follow setup as normal.
Guide written by thesoupdragon.
I assume no responsibility or liability for any Damage caused to your phone, internally or externally, by following this guide.
Solved! See solution
08-01-2012 11:41 PM
07-02-2012 11:57 PM
hi ive been trying to de brand my s2 but cant seem to get rid off the voda bloatware, have 2.3.5 at the minute but am trying to get the latest uk firmware on, ive followed your instructions above just changed the firmware but it doesnt seem to work even thou odin is sayin sussesful? Any help would be great.
08-02-2012 12:15 AM
08-02-2012 12:24 AM
08-02-2012 10:47 AM
08-02-2012 01:32 PM
19-02-2012 12:06 PM
I recently upgraded to the 2.3.5 over the airwaves, and now the damn phone is stuck constantly rebooting. I cant do anything with it because I dont even get enough time to go into my apps drawer or anything before it restarts.
I had it running fine for two days on the update, but I wanted to use bluetooth yesterday and bam, it started rebooting constantly.
My question, can I use odin to flash this rom on the phone to revert back to stock? I cant call any numbers, so I wouldn't be able to follow your instructions exactly. Is it important to dial those numbers??
Please let me know, having a dead phone sucks.
19-02-2012 01:10 PM
Thanks for the reply!
But, Like stated, I cant call any numbers. When the original poster states that dialing the number does a "hard reset" of the phone, is this the same as a "factory reset?" Im assuming so, but I just want to make sure. The terms might be different, but the idea is the same. Im from the US and rooting and stuff over there we call it a factory reset.
If this is the same, then I will lose everything on my phone then, correct? That sucks. I was hoping this would just act like an update, not a complete wipe of the system...
Let me know asap so I can put my phone under the knife!!