24-06-2012 01:39 PM - edited 24-06-2012 01:43 PM
Things to try on all phones before posting:
- I know you don't want to do this but do a factory reset and a wipe of your internal SD. This can sometimes sort things out and remove a rogue app.
- Make a note when the fault happens and what you're doing when it happens.
- Search the Forum
There is a search bar at the top left and it does work! We may have answered the question already.
- Don't get stressed out
We're here to help!
- Try and give us as much detail as possible e.g. firmware you're on, what you were doing when it happened.
- Have You contacted Vodafone technical?
- If and when we sort the problem out please click "Accept Solution" and post what the fix was as this may help some one later and if it happens again you can refer back to it
- Give a Kudos, that is on the left, just a little reward for helping.
- Be patient
- Sometimes we can not help. If it's a Vodafone network or account problem The eForum Team will take over (they are good).
- Stay around
There is alot to learn and you might pick one or two things up.
02-07-2012 09:55 AM
Yes as what can happen is a third party app can be the problem, and just removing the app will not fix the problem, also when a third party app Affects a built in app the only way to reinstall a factory app is to do a Reset of the phone.
With ICS tho it has been more Rare
But when you have a problem and you contact the Manufacture it also is the first thing they suggest
If after you have done a Factory reset there still is a problem then both party know that the phone needs to go in for repair.
A Factory reset is a good tool in problem solving, With the S3 there are alot of third party app that still have not been tested to work on the phone.
I know this to some may think well the phoen should work, well it probs did out of the box this returns it to that point
08-08-2012 04:29 PM
Great advice on submission of issues.
Steps to recreate the issue in as much detail as possible cannot be stressed enough.
Factory reset always very good suggestion, there are enough tools available now to make this pain free.
Device and firmware details essential.
If network related then time and location good.
See if you can get any useful app logs of the issue.
Be sure you can recreate the issue on demand, else how can anyone else be expected to.
Let the forum know if the issue is resolved!