Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call Barring Password

Bassrooster
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've recently just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I went to turn on my call barring and it asked me for a 4 digit password. I tried 0000 but to no avail. I have never set a four digit password for this phone. I contacted Customer Services on chat and they told me to contact Samsung. Samsung have said it is a network issue and nothing to do with them. Please can you help me, I'm getting a little bit frustrated by this.

11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question. I want the option to be able to turn call barring on and off when I chose from my phone, without having to go through MyVodafone. Without this password that I never set up I do not appear to be able to do this.

hrym

I've found two answers on a 3rd party forum.   One is that it may be 1919, the other that PIN codes are assigned per SIM (this makes sense as otherwise anyone could unlock it).  Maybe the default is 1919 and you can then change it?   Do be careful, though - you don't want to lock the SIM!  (Maybe make a note of your PUK code now; you'll find it in the Settings section of My Vodafone in the red banner above).

Thanks, but I've tried 1919, and the thing is I've never assigned a PIN to this (or any other) SIM I've had through Vodafone.

Too be honest, I'm getting a little wound up at Vodafone insisting I speak to Samsung and Samsung saying it's nothing to do with them. 

hrym

I fear this is one of those questions that rarely gets asked an no-one knows the answer to.

I found this on a 3rd party website:

1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap the Menu key.
  4. On pop up menu select Call settings.
  5. Tap Additional settings.
  6. Tap Call barring.
  7. Tap Voice call.
  8. Tap the Menu key.
  9. On pop up menu select Change password.
  10. Tap on Old password field then enter your current password. If you never change, the default is 0000.
  11. Tap on New password field then enter your new 4 digit barring password.
  12. Tap on Confirm password then enter your new 4 digit barring password again to confirm your new password.
  13. Tap OK button to save your changes.
  14. Finish. Now you have managed to change your barring password.

There's a device guide on Vodafone Ireland, too, which may or may not help.  I'd assume there's one on this site, but I can't find it.

Apologies if you've found all this by Googling already!

Thanks again, but it's still insisting that I have set up a password, it will not recognise 0000. I only had the phone a matter of hours before I tried to do this, so there is no way I set up a password (unless i sat on it and my backside happened to type in a random four digit code!)

Having spoken to Samsung again, they have insisted it's a network issue.

Vodafone are sending me a new SIM which they say will solve the problem, so fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ta for your help though, it is appreciated! 

Call barring is a network issue and is handset independent.  Call barring has got nothing to do with the handset manufacturer and Samsung are right to say what they are saying.  On a new vodafone PAYG sim the barring password that worked for me was 1919 so if it is not working for you then I suspect you have locked the call barring option.

If you have repeatedly entered the wrong password then your barring option will be locked and only the network provider will be able to unlock call barring.

In my experience Vodafone have a very poor understanding of how call barring works and their 3rd line support do not know how to unlock a locked call barring password.  Talking to 1st line about call barring is a waste of time. The only way to reset the barring password would be to leave and rejoin vodafone and then try 1919.

I’ve posted extensively on the forum as user lab1301 “Unable to set call barring after switching to S4 mini with “Call barring rejected” message” via link: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S4/Unable-to-set-call-barring-after-switching-to-S4-mi...

My issue has not been resolved but they have issued a PAC code and I've accepted their offer of compensation.

A new SIM will not resolve the problem because I would hazzard a guess that your barring password is now locked.  They sent me 2 new sims as well to no avail.

I woudl geta  PAYG sim and then use 1919 to demonstrate that barring works.  Then repeatedly enter the wrong barring password and you have the same problem on the PAYG sim that you currently have on your contract sim.  Hope you have better luck than me with vodafone!

The default call barring password that worked for me on a new PAYG vodafone sim is 1919.  I think when you upgrade the password is set to the default 1919 and your old password will be invalid.