Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send or receive MMS on Samsung S4

rachaelanderson
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've tried every way possible to try to resolve this issue including setting up the APN manually and having them sent directly to my phone and it stil doesn't work.

I've seen numerous posts with the same problems here and none of them have been resoved yet, some of them go as far back as 2013.

Can someone help me fix this, please?  My contract doesn't end until July so I can't leave Vodafone or get a new phone until then.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If it's not a new issue, or has only appeared since an upgrade (device, not OS), MMS may need to be provisioned on your account and Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page) should be able to help with this.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Have you only had this issue since updating your firmware. If so, you will need to do a factory reset in order to restore MMS services.

PWIAC

hrym

If it's not a new issue, or has only appeared since an upgrade (device, not OS), MMS may need to be provisioned on your account and Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page) should be able to help with this.

Patg
4: Newbie
Can anyone help I have been on different sites but still no joy. The sim card worked on my other handset but just to check I tried a different S but it is still not working

hrym

@Patg wrote:
Can anyone help I have been on different sites but still no joy. The sim card worked on my other handset but just to check I tried a different S but it is still not working

Not quite sure of your query, but are you saying you can't send MMS either?   If you've recently upgraded your phone, it's possible MMS is no longe provisioned on your account.  If you talk to Live Chat, they should be able to do it for you.

Thanks for the reply I have upgraded my phone and I am pay as you go not sure if you explanation would still apply.

I think I will go to a shop as I had a live chat last month with a problem I had with sure signal and that took 2 weeks to sort out

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Patg 

We can send your MMS settings to your new phone if you text the word 'web' to 40127. Alternatively, you can get the settings manually in our online guide. :Smiling:

If it's a new SIM you've had, Live help can move your old number over for you. 

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for your reply but I have tried adding the settings manual but it still not working I have also text WEB to the number you gave me twice so far I received the first response but I am still waiting for the second text with the instructions
The first time was 10 days ago did not expect to have to wait that long for a response I have also tried again today again received the first text but nit a second with the instruction

Retired-Rodney
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Patg,

Have you tried getting in touch via Live help

Thanks,

Rodney

No I have not tried the live help as I had problems last time I rang them. I will go to a shop first to see if they can help me