Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send or receive MMS on Samsung S4

rachaelanderson
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've tried every way possible to try to resolve this issue including setting up the APN manually and having them sent directly to my phone and it stil doesn't work.

I've seen numerous posts with the same problems here and none of them have been resoved yet, some of them go as far back as 2013.

Can someone help me fix this, please?  My contract doesn't end until July so I can't leave Vodafone or get a new phone until then.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If it's not a new issue, or has only appeared since an upgrade (device, not OS), MMS may need to be provisioned on your account and Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page) should be able to help with this.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

hrym

The information you receive via text is a bit out of date.  There used to be two APNs, but now seems to be only one.   It should also self-install, so the reference to instructions is also obsolete.   If you go into Settings|Mobile Data|More, there should be an entry for Access Point Names.  Make sure that Vodafone Contract (or PAYG, as appropriate) Wap is there and has a green dot beside it.  It is is, but there's no dot, long press it and tap Set as Default.

If all that's in place, MMS may need to be provisioned on your account and Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page) can help with that.

hrym

@Patg wrote:
I think I will go to a shop

That's a good idea.  It's often easier to fix a problem if you can see the device.  I'm not aware of MMS being disabled on PAYG, so it may be an access point issue.