Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Continual Samsung Problems. Help appreciated

Lee9495
4: Newbie
After getting sick and tired of problems with my Samsung 3 nothing getting resolved. Ended up buying a Samsung Galaxy 4 factory refurbished seemed great but pressing home button phone not coming out standby, same as pressing power button, exactly the same when on charge for a few hours. Also network dropping off when right by mast.

Took phone to Samsung repair centre they flashed phone following day exactly the same, took it to another Samsung repair centre and collected following day. Same again went back to same. Complained so got sent off to Samsung direct 14 days later it's back......... still the same and now 4G not working. Getting to end of my tether! !! Don't want an iPhone.

Anyone got a solution. I have factory reset and hard reset numerous times before phone was sent away.
3 REPLIES 3

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Lee9495 wrote:
After getting sick and tired of problems with my Samsung 3 nothing getting resolved. Ended up buying a Samsung Galaxy 4 factory refurbished seemed great but pressing home button phone not coming out standby, same as pressing power button, exactly the same when on charge for a few hours. Also network dropping off when right by mast.

Took phone to Samsung repair centre they flashed phone following day exactly the same, took it to another Samsung repair centre and collected following day. Same again went back to same. Complained so got sent off to Samsung direct 14 days later it's back......... still the same and now 4G not working. Getting to end of my tether! !! Don't want an iPhone.

Anyone got a solution. I have factory reset and hard reset numerous times before phone was sent away.

Bit of alot going on here did they fix the Home buuton ?

and samsung check the phones before there sent back and a report will be on file about the phone

as for the coverage this could be a Naff sim card or a tower outage

if thats the case even getting a iphone will still give you the same issues

you need to check both

I have had samsung devices fixed with no issues

On the description they didn't mention what they had done, just a standard letter attached to the phone.

Thought the sim card could be a problem so got a new one inbetween the 2 times the phone got flashed. Have looked in all other messages where people said they had a problem with the network, by going into the below (I can't even see configuration messages to delete, am normally ok messing with phones)

messaging > menu button > configuration messages > menu button > delete

I am not in a 4g area but was in one earlier and friends got 4g on the same network, hence the confusion.

Home button works when phone is on and working, just seems abit strange. Am determined to stick with Samsung S4 just very frustrating, whether its this one or a replacement.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If the access points have installed, the configuration messages will probably have deleted.  You'll find the APNs under Settings|Networks or Settings|Mobile Data.   If there's more than one, make sure the correct one (usually Vodafone Contract wap) is set as the default (long press and "set as default" if there isn't a green dot beside it).   These days, APNs tend to self-install, so you'll never see the configuration message.  Recent versions of Android have the option (under Mobile Data) to pull settings down.   These will also self-install and should also delete any others that are there.  If the option isn't present, it usually means the correct settings are already installed - or, at least, that the phone thinks they are.