Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S4 Screen Mirroring to Smart TV

jonfurn
1: Seeker

Hi –

I’d really appreciate someone’s help here...

I’ve got a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and an LG55LA690 smart TV.

I wanted to use the ‘Screen Mirroring’ function on the phone. I turned it on, the TV’s name showed up in the connections list, I pressed it and a box on the TV came up saying “Galaxy S4 connecting...” (and a graphic of the phone connecting to the TV showed up on the phone), but after 15 seconds or so, the box on the TV says “Galaxy S4 is not connected” and the whole process ‘resets’.

HOWEVER, if I press and hold the TV’s name in the list, I get the option to ‘Connect with pin’. If I choose this option, the TV immediately provides a number on screen which I can then type in to the phone. This then invokes the ‘Miracast connection’ on the TV and all of a sudden I can see my phone’s screen on my TV’s huge display. The process automatically turns on my WiFi connection.

HOWEVER(!), almost immediately, there’s a message box on the S4 that’s entitled “Screen Mirroring” which says: “The Wi-Fi connection may interfere with Screen Mirroring. To improve the quality of Screen Mirroring, Screen Mirroring will restart”.

Well, you press OK and everything just goes back to normal again..... no screen mirroring!

I asked SAMSUNG over the phone who were just incredibly rude and unhelpful. Even though it’s a message on THEIR product, they just kept chanting that they were “limited in what information” they could give as “it’s not a Samsung Smart TV”. Based on that sort of response, it’s very likely I won’t get anything Samsung ever again!!

Could someone please explain what may be the reason for this particular message from the S4.

Also, does Screen Mirroring require a WiFi connection on? (I’m with VirginMedia)

And lastly, if I’m really not destined to get any joy out of this process, can someone suggest what method I could use to replicate what Screen Mirroring SHOULD do?!

Many thanks,

J

1 REPLY 1

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jonfurn

This isn’t a service that we provide, but as far as I’m aware you need a Samsung TV in order to mirror your Samsung phone

Thanks,

Jenny