Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet problems

ggroves
2: Seeker

Hi for a while now I have had internet problems with my Samsung phone. The only time I can get the internet is when i'm connected to the Wifi. I used to be able to get internet connection all the time. So I don't understand what has happened. Its so frustrating. I work in town so can't look at facebook, twitter, reply to emails etc during the day only when I get home at night. I'm also not happy as i'm paying for internet data but able to use it.

Can anyone help!

Gemma

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

It sounds like your settings may potentially be incorrect. The easiest way of getting the correct settings is by texting the word WEB to 40127

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Try what drey_p suggested.  You'll get a text back telling you settings will be sent, but then apparently nothing.   That's because APNs tend to self-instal these days, so try your phone after a short while. If it still doesn't work, go into Mobile Data in Settings and then look for Access Point Names.  Within that, you should see Vodafone Contract WAP.   Make sure it's set as the default.   You could also look for "get settings from provider" in the Settings menu.  I think it disappears if they're correctly installed, though.  If it's there, tap it and it'll pull the settings down and instal them.

Northern-dj

also make sure data is turned on

pull the blind down and look for mobile data

then you should see a Letter befor the signal strenth

ggroves

Yep so I've tried the texting WEB to 40127. I've then installed the update and checked APN. I've also check that my mobile data is on but still it doesn't seem to work. Any other ideas?

drey_p

There are a few more possibilities.  Either the phone is faulty, or the SIM card is faulty or there is a problem with something at Vodafone's side. 

I personally would pop into the nearest Vodafone store, and ask them for a new SIM card.  They will provide you with a SIM card and also activate it for you.  They may also be able to help you with the phone settings. Once the SIM is up and running, see if your phone works.  If not, it may be an idea to try the SIM in another handset (if you have one) just to see if it works. 

PWIAC