Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MMS not working

Eurygnomes
2: Seeker
I've gone online (as advised by calling 191) and downloaded abs installed the latest settings (apparently), but yet, I can neither send, nor retrieve mms'.

Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

grandslam1950

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to software 4.4.2

I have tried everything I can think of but nothing cures it

I believe there are some bugs on 4.4.2

Does anyone know if this is correct

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Eurygnomes  and @grandslam1950 ,

You can get the latest settings sent to your phones by texting the word 'web' to 40127.

Alternatively, you can find the APN details for PAYG and monthly plans here.

Finally, you may find disabling your Wi-Fi helps with MMS, as some ISP's are unable to handle these requests when you're not connected to the network. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben H

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately when I go to try to set up APN details it wont let me

There is nothing there already and when I ry to add an APN I get a message saying its stopped working

I'm having the same issue,  can't send or receive mms.   I get a download button when someone sends me a picture but it doesn't download anything.  When I try to send one, it just has the blue circle underneath it constant;y spinning.

I've tried switching of my wi-fi,  I've tried txting 'web' to the number above, however when I click on your hyperlink above I just get a blank screen.

Is there anything else I can do?

I had it confirmed to me by Vodafone that there was an issue in the latest release, and that you have to roll back to the previous version.

I was given no update as to when the next updated would be released, and Vodafone denied any responsibility for the update!!!!

helen2912
1: Seeker
I am having the same issue, I have tried everything detailed. Please can you advise as I spend a lot of money with Vodafone each month and I refuse to accept that it is not Vodafone's responsibility.

In the end I did the option of backing up everyhing to my gmail account and doing a factory reset. That seems to have fixed it. What a pain. Not able to send or recieve pictures over Christmas which is when you really need it

POOR !!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,   

For further help with this, please see how to get in touch with our Live help team available here.

Thanks,

Sarah

Kirsta
Backed my phone up using Samsung Kies and did a factory reset. Kies also then lets you import your contacts and everything back onto your phone. Easiest way to go.