Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data not working - APN issue

vingdom
1: Seeker

Hi,

I'm trying to fix my Samsung Galaxy S4 after I made the silly mistakes of resetting my APN settings to default. (The reason I did this is because I was trying to fix an issue I have with receiving MMS messages).

Right now when I see the APN settings menu I can see no settings. If I click 'reset to default' then it asks me to select Vodafone Contract or PAYG (I am PAYG). This does nothing. If I click the "+" sign in the top right corner it gives the error "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped".

I have tried the following:

- Re-installing the settings sent from the carrier.
- Re-booting the device
- Taking the SIM card out.
- Wiping the Cache in Recovery mode

All to no avail.

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Thanks,

James

9 REPLIES 9

donna_carl
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Samsung Galaxy S4: Latest maintenance release[ Edited ]

There’s currently an issue when updating the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest version of software that will stop you connecting to data services.

We're aware of this and currently investigating as a priority. In the meantime please don’t send it for repair.

We’ll add an update here when we have more information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can take it to a samsung store, they will reinstall the software for you.  I had exactly this problem and they fixed it for me.

Hello,

I am experiencing this issue as well and it is extremely frustrating. I have this issue for 3 weeks now and have received no updates on a resolve.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Ravikhabar wrote:

Hello,

I am experiencing this issue as well and it is extremely frustrating. I have this issue for 3 weeks now and have received no updates on a resolve.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Hi Ravikhabar

The latest information from Vodafone regarding this issue can be found here

PWIAC

Thanks donna_carl.

I can confirm that this is the case after talking to the Vodafone technical support. Vodafone are aware of the issue and have said that they have lodged a complaint to Samsung and Android and are awaiting a software update to fix this issue. I resolved the issue by backing up my data (using Samsung Kies 3) and doing a factory reset, followed by restoring it. My mobile data works but I am unsure if my MMS is working. 

Ravikhabar
2: Seeker
Hello,

It has been 3 months are there is no update on this issue. This is absolutely ridiculous.

If I do not get some positive feedback by Monday, I will have no other choice but to write a letter to management.

I took mine to samsung and they reloaded everything for me since vodaphone weren't doing anything about it.

Hi @Ravikhabar,

A factory reset should resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

liquidlen
Should?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It would be the first port of call.   If it doesn't, it may be necessary to go down the repair route, but a reset would be part of that so you won't have lost anything by trying it yourself.