Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Outgoing Calls Barred.

annd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I am in the Carribean with my Samsung Galaxy S4. While I have no problems with receiving calls if I try to pick up my voicemail I get cut off before it dials with the message 'Outgoing Calls Barred'. Why is this and what can I do about it?
4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds as though international roaming may be disabled on your account.   If you hang on, the forum team may be able to help you - they aim to reply to all posts within 48 hours.

While you're waiting, can you get to your account on the My Vodafone link above?   If you can, you may be able to enable roaming in Settings.  Roaming is turned off on new accounts by default and there may be a charge if you've had it for less than 3 months - I don't know of that applies here?

Thanks for the reply. I'va done a bit of research here in Aruba and I've found that Vodafone don't have an arrangement to use the one local mobile provider for making calls if you have a Pay-As-You-Go phone which I do. I've had no problem in Australia or the US so I guess I'll have to be old-fashioned and get a phone card and use the land-line! Apparently every island has their own providers so I don't know if anywhere else has the same problem.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi annd,

Thanks for the update.

Laura 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @annd ,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

I see @hrym has already given some sound advice.

It's worthwhile trying a manual roam to see if another operator there supports voicemail. You can find out how to do this and enable roaming on the device itself here.

If you still need a hand, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers, 

Ben