Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone display black

MatthewTheakston
4: Newbie

my phone bottons light up, the circle lcd color light thingy lights up and you cna hear texts etc comming trough but the display is just black.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

What happens if you long press the power key - does that bring anything up?   Failing that, try recovery mode - home+vol up+power as I remember it.  If that works, go for the reset option, including clear system cache if that's also available.  You'll lose any content not backed up, but I don't think there's any way round that - unless you can see the phone as external storage if you connect it to a pc by cable.   If you do that, choose the browse and veiw files option, rather than any other.

i could not even seen the factory reset menu on the screen it was just black. But i took my phone into vodafone stores and they managed to emergency recover it and fix the issue and said its most likely a application what caused a the fault.

hrym

Wow. I'm impressed.  I really thought that one was going down the full repair route.   What was the app that was causing the problem?

it was a game from the andriod store.