Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with MMS

DanEv
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am also having problems with MMS. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, originally on another network but now on Vodafone using a pay as you go SIM. I have had the update package  for MMS sent to me via text but I still get the error "Service not activated on network my APN setting is Vodafone PAYG internet, I am able to access the internet.

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you can edit those settings, just have a look and make sure there's an entry for MMS - fairly well down, I think.   If there is, drop a note of it back here.

If it's correct, the Tech Team will be able to check that the service is provisioned on your account.  I thought it was for PAYG, btu I may be wrong about that.

Thanks hrym, in the Vodafone PAYG Internet APN I have 2 MMS settings; MMS proxy 212.183.137.12 and MMS port 8799, 

hrym

That looks right.  You can see the full set of settings here.   If that all looks correct, it sounds like an account issue.

Thanks for your reply. The settings where not all correct, but even when I changed them I still can't send an MMS. When you say it may be an account problem, do you mean my PAYG tariff may not allow MMS messages? How can I find out?

hrym

MMS is often disabled on new PAYM contracts, but I didn't think it was for PAYG.   Getting it enabled - or finding out what else may be wrong - is one for the Tech Team.   Just hang on for them to pick up your post, which they should do within 48 hours.

Thanks for your help hrym. I will wait to see what the Tech Team have to say.

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DanEv,

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can help further, please see how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Sarah