Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recent OTA software update has killed my battery life

Eugene7
4: Newbie

As per the title, the recent OTA update has killed my battery life!

IMS Framework is now always running, and that stops the phone from going to sleep - so it is always awake.

The battery lasts only for a couple of hours now - making the phone useless for business use while travelling.

Before anyone suggests it, I have done a factory re-set, and cleared the phone cache - same result with just the phone software running - no Apps installed.

This is appalling!

How can I revert to the previous phone software?

Vodafone, you obviously didn’t test this last release!!!

95 REPLIES 95

Where are we going with this. Since the update (giving me something I didn't want and haven't used - there are so many great apps out there for messaging that it seems outrageous for vodafone to force more bloatware on us).

Tonight battery drained in 5 hours; and I'm often having to charge 3 times in a day. The main users tend to be android os, or android system , though I have ims framework in there too, despite disabling it as soon as recieved.

Vodafone you've made my phone unuseable on any day that I'm away from a charger for more than 4 hours. And it gets unpleasantly hot.

When is there a solution, what might it be, is there anything I can do in the meantime.

Please......

(Removed according to House Rules) Ive read through this I have a S4 with the problems described above why cant Vodafone put pressure on Samsung TO SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT. Its a soft ware issue the phone worked before the OTA upgrade now we all have the same or similar problems Come on SORT IT OUT.

I do not know that this is a Samsung issue - I think it is a Vodafone issues with their own verison of the operating software.

How they can continue to ignore the problem is beyond me!!!

I have sent many message to Support, and not one has been responded to!

Appalling support!!!

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Eugene7 wrote:

I have sent many message to Support, and not one has been responded to!

How how you done that?  There is no direct email address for them?

PWIAC

Since I sent the e-mails, Vodafone have removed 'e-mail support'!

What a crappy was to look after your customers!

drey_p
The option to send an email was withdrawn a long time ago in favour of more instant communications methods such as calling 191 or LiveChat. It was withdrawn well before you sent the messages which is why you did not get a reply.

PWIAC

As there was no bounce-back from the messages I sent it's kinda dofficult to knwo that!

Just more examples of the poor support Vodafone now offer.

I have just wasted 15 mins trying to 'chat' with support about the issue. They are now saying it is a faulty phone!!!!

(Removed in line with House Rules)

I even tried to get them to read this and the other threads that all point to the OTA update being the cause, but was met with a blank wall!

We will be leaving Vodafone as soon as our business contract is up.

I have never had such poor appalling support!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Eugene7,

I'd recommend sending the phone for a repair.

Thanks,

Sukhi

The phone is NOT broken.

The OTA update is faulty.

You need to issue a fix for that to everyone!

Why is this so hard for you to understand???

The bug is with the 'messaging' application, as is reported in this thread, and all the others that report the same issues.

I am appalled by the unbelievably poor support from Vodafone, and as I say we will be changing our business account to another supplier as soon as the phone contracts expire.

drey_p
Vodafone don't send out OTA updates , they are done by the manufacturer. The only involvement that Vodafone have is requesting that their software and apps are included in the firmware update.

The phone is faulty as a result of the OTA update. You will need to send it off for repair so that they can flash the previous version of the firmware.

PWIAC