Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recent OTA software update has killed my battery life

Eugene7
4: Newbie

As per the title, the recent OTA update has killed my battery life!

IMS Framework is now always running, and that stops the phone from going to sleep - so it is always awake.

The battery lasts only for a couple of hours now - making the phone useless for business use while travelling.

Before anyone suggests it, I have done a factory re-set, and cleared the phone cache - same result with just the phone software running - no Apps installed.

This is appalling!

How can I revert to the previous phone software?

Vodafone, you obviously didn’t test this last release!!!

95 REPLIES 95

I agree - we too are moving our business account from Vodafone.

This has been appalling support!

I had a phone call from Vodafone today, from someone who called themselves our ‘support contact’, wanting to know how we found our ‘special deals’, or similar – as a business user.

When I explained that we would be moving our business contract from Vodafone at the end of our contract term, due to the totally appalling support we had received with regard to this battery issue, the person simply asked if we would therefore not be renewing out contract, and when I replied ‘very unlikely’ she hung up on me!

Bloody appalling!!!

Is this what Vodafone has come down to?

Seriously, we have never had such appalling support from any of the companies we deal with.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Eugene7 

This is disappointing to see and we're able to investigate this further.

Contact us here and we'll be in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

So, it's been 4 days since I responded to Vodafone's request for me to get in tough with them, and I have heard nothing further...

As is being said by just about everyone on this and other forums - Vodafone support is appalling!

Does Vodafone really want no customers???

From Vodafone staff hanging up on me in the middle of a conversation, to a total lack of response in any other form this is just cr@p!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Eugene7

Did you email us by following the steps in Dave’s private message?

If you can let us know your email reference number (sent in an auto reply), we’ll check we’ve got it.

Thanks,

Jenny

Yes - EXACTLY - as per his instructions!

I am so FED UP with this crap!

I have had to buy additional batteries, and no damn support from Vodafone at all.

I have had enough - not renewing our business contract when the phones expire!!

Hi @Eugene7

What’s the reference number from the auto reply so I can check we received it?

It’ll look like #8500000.

Thanks,

Simon

What bloody reference number in what bloody auto reply?

I just filled in your damn form as instructed!!!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Eugene7 

You'll have received an autoreply to your email address once you submitted the form.  This could go to your junk mail so please check in there for it if it's not in your main inbox.  

If you didn't receive one, it means we didn't get the email.  

Many thanks, 

Phil

We'd received notifcation that we would get an update to fix the broken update.

If we didn't receive the update, it means you haven't sent it

Either way...not helpful :Sad_face: