Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recent OTA software update has killed my battery life

Eugene7
4: Newbie

As per the title, the recent OTA update has killed my battery life!

IMS Framework is now always running, and that stops the phone from going to sleep - so it is always awake.

The battery lasts only for a couple of hours now - making the phone useless for business use while travelling.

Before anyone suggests it, I have done a factory re-set, and cleared the phone cache - same result with just the phone software running - no Apps installed.

This is appalling!

How can I revert to the previous phone software?

Vodafone, you obviously didn’t test this last release!!!

95 REPLIES 95

I just have to reiterate earlier thread guys....

There are many websites explaining step by step instructions how how to install official samsung software without the vodafone bloatware and IMS framework/RCS.
It's auick, easy and doesn't void warranty.

You also don't need to root your phone to do it.

Just use google to learn about "Odin" and get the software from Sammobile. Will be the end of Battery drainage!!!

gt37
6: Helper
6: Helper
I updated this morning, I am still on Hangouts with RSS disabled, but, I have 42% battery left, 12 hrs after the update, been using phone for photos etc, uploading, surfing etc.

riwilson1
2: Seeker
Sarah
It would be nice if even the link in your message didn't keep throwing up an error message.😈

riwilson1
Sarah
Still can't open the link in your message. Can you provide a link to an update for this problem that:

Works
Has been tested and proven to work
Provide an assurance that such an update will not further mess up our phones.

Can you also advise why I don't get notified of important updates. Vodafone seen very able to notify me of anything but updates, and most of these seem to be about making Vodafone more money.
There seems to be no straight answer from Vodafone about fixing this ongoing problem. Why?

Hi @riwilson1,

The link has now been updated and should be accessible.

Thanks,

Matt B

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
I have to agree with @thefury2000
The flashing process takes approx' 3-4 mins.

Have a look at xda-developers.com there are lots of great guides there showing you step by step what to do.
It's worth investing a bit of research time to get the phone working the way you want.
That is the beauty of Android after all 😉

If you want to stay with Vodafone firmware, you can simply flash a previous version. So you "Roll back" the firmware... 😉