Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

Barneysballs
3: Seeker
Jpwjpw's answers seems to have resolved it for me... Battery life seems to have recovered:

Untick

Settings->Connections-> More Networks-> Rich Communications

Then reboot the phone

rnslucas

Have tried jpwjpw's suggestion:

"Untick

Settings->Connections-> More Networks-> Rich Communications"

without success yet.

Have just tried again with a reboot (but this in itself takes me back to where I started with the box ticked and needing to be unticked, and data to clear out).

Come on Vodafone - we need this fixed. I can't walk around with a long extension lead all day.

emchippie1
Unfortunately it hasnt resolved issue. Once you restart phone it starts again. Battery continues to drain.

rednell
4: Newbie

Aaaargh, how can I stop this IMS framework thing that is killing my battery. I have had to charge my phone 3times already today and I have barely used it. This is basically rendering my phone useless. I have tried unticking the rich communications thing, rebooting, clearing data & cache from the IMS framework thing, how the hell do I remove it or revert back to a previous software version.

Please help, I am going slightly mad with having a useless device which has to plugged in every 5minutes... you can almost see the battery draining before your eyes. The only change has been this stupid update, prior to this my battery lasted all day.

Tried to attach a screenshot but won't seem to let me., running 19505XXUGNH7 version.

jpwjpw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Unticking it and rebooting was definitely "sticky" for me (the box remained unticked). Ims framework is no longer using any battery, however, the battery still isn't last that long. Most of thr percentage is under Android OS now.

My Android OS is at 12% which is fairly normal, my IMS framework is 45% which is new since this appalling update. Since I first posted my battery has gone from 47% to 35% in about 10 minutes, basically I could not rely on this phone to be available in an emergency unless I happen to be near a plug socket...

emchippie1
I actually did a complete Factory Reset last night to hopefully try to eliminate this IMS Framework issue of draining my battery!? Low and behold this morning its back to using an average of 64 % of my Battery even though I have 1) unticked Rich Communications 2) cleared Data/cache from IMS Framework application and 3) forced this app to stop? Not sure what more can be done here?! Vodafone - would appreciate an acknowledgement to our plight here as this is effecting your custoemrs ability to use their phones effectively.

ChristianPugliese
1: Seeker

I am having this same issue, after update IMS is draining my battery, it won't last more than 3 hours.

Seriously Vodafone, we need a fix NOW!

Two unhelpful replies from Twitter, one was to return for a repair as that is the only way to roll back to a previous version, or second was a factory reset. I've had no response to my sarcastic reply explaining this doesn't appear to work based on evidence from their own forum.

why can't someone from VF provide an answer or an OTA fix, basically my device is unusable. By 9am this morning I was down to 47% with only 10 mins use of the phone. If I'd just bought any kind of other product I'd be straight back to the retailer but VF appear, by their lack of useful response, that they don't care about their customers and their pointless phones...

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if some of you are experiencing problems with the latest Samsung maintenance release.

As not all customers with the latest update are experiencing these issues, I've sent a message to each of you saying you're still struggling here, with special instructions on how to get in touch.

In the meantime, Samsung can perform a rollback to older software via Kies. Those who wish to opt out of the latest updates can contact them here, or visit your nearest Samsung Service Location.

Thanks,

Ben