Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

Ben,

WIth all due resepct what are you guys smoking?  I made a complaint about this last week and it defintiely isn't solved for me.  Vodafone have made no effort to contact me or to reply to anyone here.

You're a communications company - give people a number for someone to call to fix this that isn't some clown who says "have you tried switching it off and back on again?"

Sent the info through as requested but confused as to how you can revert back via Kies???? I just want rid of this horrendous software update asap, my phone is about as much use as a chocolate teapot currently... Had to be charged three times today, IMS framework currently at 70% of battery. Why is that customers are the ones having to suffer the inconvenience for something that VF have done...

There is clearly a problem due to the number of posts about it, so rather than attempt to fudge people with excuses, why not show some real customer service and actually fix the problem you created. I know that at the moment I will be forced to vote with my feet as soon as I am, after 10years+ as a customer...

Can you send me whatever message you sent ohter people who are still struggling please? My phone is currently pretty useless and while I don't know exactly how much extra electric I'm using having it virtually continually on charge I can't help but think it would be nice if vodafone paid a little towards my next bill...

Ben - as Vodafone understand there is an issue, can you assure us, as loyal customers, something is in the works to resolve this issue ? You cannot expect everyone to re-flash the base image using Kies, nor can you expect us to send phones in for repair - that is a totally unreasonable expectation from Vodafone. This is not just the Samsung devices with this issue, as I am sure you are aware of HTC's with exactly the same issue. Can you simply not instate some confidence on this forum, that things are actually "in the works" ?

Hmmm.. I do not have RCS, and my phone drains in a couple of hours and gets really hot. Anyone any idea what else might be causing this??

Sophes. You need to go into Settings--> More --> Battery. If you have a look at that screen, it will tell you what is using your battery. If it says IMS Framework as the biggest percentage user of charge of the battery, it is the RCS (Rich Communication Suite) that is the issue. 

I'm still stuck with this appalling upgrade. I dobn't want to lose all my programs and setting with a factory reset. Vodafone, send a download to undo this awful upgrade that's rendered your product almost unusable. Don't you test these updates before you issue them?

You are simply wasting your time....they are not listening.  Vote with your feet.

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy s4 mini so far the texts have been random - some are delivered, some are not and what I find bizarre is some go to the house landline when they were most definitely directed to another mobile phone. 

It has also sucked in contacts from I assume my works mobile phone?  Oh goodness only knows why.  So I have unsolicited contacts in my phone contacts list. 

Given the large number of of other users with similar strange issues if this is not sorted by the end of the week I will be asking for my money back and a change of phone to something that is fit for purpose.  Note the reference to the sale of goods act phrase "fit for purpose". 

Both my phones have started to behave a lot better since my orginal post.  What I did:

1. installed upgrade

- IMS framework was killing the battery 

2. Factory rest

- IMS framework was killing the battery 

3. restart

- Andriod OS killed the battery even quicker than IMS framework

4. Turn off rich communication

5. restart

- Phone ramdonly getting hot even when not in use.

- Battery draining quicker than before the upgrade but less then directley after it.

6. restart

- Seems to be better now.  Took it off the charger at 7am and was around 60% used up by midnight.  Roughly back to normal.

Will have to see how it behave over the next few days.