Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

I've followed up with Vodafone a few times now.  Here's what I've been told:

"Your details have been passed on to the relevant team and testing will be taking place based on the details you have provided.

As we are waiting for the manufacturer to advise, we don't currently have a time scale on this." 

So I asked if they don't have a timescale why not give an option to rollback?

"The information already given is all we have.

It'll be down to the manufacturer to push out another firmware upgrade."

Considering this firmware is only for Vodafone branded handsets (from what I've seen on the net) I would have thought Vodafone would have a bit more interest in the matter.  Maybe they don't get what rollback means!

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Luckily rolling back the firmware for Samsung Phones is really easy. You don't need to root the phone and as its official firmware it doesn't void your warranty either.

You will need to do some research and a fair bit of reading though. There are also lots of YouTube videos that explain the process (it takes minutes to reflash).

You can download the firmware from sammobile.com
full instructions can be found on XDA-developers.com (or youtube).
🙂

MCH101
3: Seeker
Vodafone have been in contact with me and they have forwarded everyone's issues to Samsung. As soon as they have any information they will be contacting everyone with a progress update.

Unfortunately it appears that the update was released by Samsung who do the testing etc. So not sure who the blame should be with.

If I get any information I will be updating it here.

Finger pointing does not help the end customers.  I too have been in touch with Samsung, and frankly their support is about as bad as Vodafone's.  "You can send your phone in for a repair" was really the answer I was given, which is not really appropriate when I have a business with several of these phones with the same issue.

Glad the contract is up for renewal....that is all I can say !

MCH101
I couldn't agree with you anymore than that. I work in strategic marketing and think Vodafone need to restratergize thier retension policy and customer management as it's a complete shambles.

The matter needs to be resolved URGENTLY as I have bought 3 extra batteries so I can use my phone during the day. Vodafone best be picking the cost up of these!!!

Phil

Hi everyone, 

Further to your feedback we have just approved a software update which will be rolled out in stages by Samsung starting this week.

Please install the latest version when you receive it over the air to fix any bugs you’ve experienced.

Thanks, 

Phil

Can we ask what this update is ?  Just a fix for the battery drain, or a more encompassing fix ? 

4.4.4 or a maintenance release ?

thanks

@shudman This contains updates to RCS. A full list of changes will be displayed when selecting the update on the handset.

@mabach Get in touch here.

Thanks,

Matt

Can i ask when this update will be available, its been a couple of days now and i still havent received an update for my phone.

My phone battery doesnt even last overnight from a full charge with literally no one touching it at all and it was totally dead by this morning so no alarm to wake me up for work .

Hi Scottmj23,

We’re sorry we can advise specific dates, as this is a manufacturer roll out.

Please keep an eye on your phone for the update to become available.

Thanks,

Sarah