Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

froggerty
16: Advanced member

If the advisor  'forcefully' told you that your phone is within its 24 month warrantee then do just that, take it into your store and change it for another model that won't be affected.

MCH101
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Oh I will be doing that. Just why are we been told this at such a late stage

justinmcg
2: Seeker
I had the same conversation with IT this afternoon, just not sure if i would trust VF not to make it worse. I think I'll leave it a few more days and see if samsung will look at it for free. At least VF have acknowledged there is a problem, it only took the useless tw#ts 3 months

justinmcg
Force stopping and unchecking had been working fine until VF sent me a text message a few days ago, the message explained what RCS is. Since the message arrived IMS and RCS switch themselves back on everyday. Vodafone quite clearly do not have a clue what they are doing, there customer service is non existent and a trained monkey could do a better job than there technical department can manage

justinmcg

Took my phone into a samsung service centre today, as soon as i mentioned a battery problem they immediately asked if it was vodafone and a problem with imf. Samsung are fully aware of the problem and were able to sort it out in 30 minutes. So why are all vodafone store and call centre staff pretending they know nothing about it? Samsung told me i was about the 30th customer today with the same problem. They are also still waiting for an update from vodafone to sort the problem properly,

Do you know what the service centre did to sort your phone out? Was it something that anyone could do or only a service centre?

froggerty

They probably hooked it up to some sort of hardware that reads the software and then remove the faulty Vodafone rubbish like you'd remove a virus from a computer, that's more or less what it is, a virus. I reckon that if Samsung repair centres verify that the problem is definiteley caused by Vodafone software, and those customers that have been affected get a written statement from Samsung confirming so, then Vodafone should be held accountable and pay for any repair and replacement charges through the Company back to those customers that have been affected.

What did the service centre do to fix it? 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I've installed the firmware update pushed through at last and it seems to have fixed the "IMS Framework has stopped" message.  However, I can't see any difference in texting at all with RCS enabled.  It still for example, won't send proper yellow emojis as sms.  So I have no idea what RCS does as a benefit so I've just disabled RCS again as a preventative measure.

justinmcg
Bad news! Samsung have now made it worse. Even with im framework force stopped it is still draining battery. It is draining the battery so quickly that my battery is still going down whilst charging by usb and will only charge from the mains if switched off. It is also red hot all the time. My phone is going back to vodafone on monday and i will not be accepting it back until this cr@p is permenantly removed