Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When you take it back why don't you demand a replacement phone that does not have this on it, I certainly would and I'd stay in the store and squeal like a pig until I got one!

twyford
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Here we go again. One month ago today Vodafone told us that the update had been pushed to Samsung, apparently that was it, job done.

Still it seems no one here as received the update yet. Are Vodafone so disinterested in resolving the problem that they have caused, and in the fact they are clearly going to lose customers, that they can't be bothered to find out from Samsung if they've even started pushing the update to handsets yet? This would be a very handy piece of info to have. I could stop endlessly checking for it if they've done nothing with it. 

As it is I'm just resigned to my network operator having left me with a barely usable phone and then shrugging their shoulders.

I commented on another post regarding this is issue, appauling display. I use hangouts now, and my battery lasts about 7 hrs

elgjc3
2: Seeker
I have a firmware update notification today that's looks to go to a J5 level. Has anyone taken the plunge yet to know if it has cured the battery drain? Having turned RCS off, things have been ok for me recently and it's almost the case of the 'better the devil you know' stopping me hitting the update button.

GoNz0
13: Advanced Member

I updated, looked ok then I got a configuration message and it killed the data :(

backing up for a reset now.. ho hum!

Colin27
A rather pleasant lady from Vodafone talked me through resetting the phone and all has been ok since. However I am now reluctant to apply the latest software upgrade the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" seems appropriate.
I found the customer service ok, no complaints.

elgjc3
I took the plunge this morning and installed the 71MB update. I monitored battery usage for a couple of hours and all seemed fine. I then enabled RCS and have had that running for the last 3 hours. IMS framework does not appear to be running and my phone isn't constantly awake so, for me at least, this update seems to have resolved the issues I had.

If anything changes I'll report back.

GoNz0
13: Advanced Member

I had the message+ app running and this caused 14% battery usage... the stock sms client is pants and I know no other that works with RCS :Sad_face:

MarkHargreaves
1: Seeker

Well after getting my phone back with no change, I got the OTA software update.

Having had it for 2 days, it seems be all ok.

MarkHargreaves - It may be worth posting which version of the firmware you're running so that others can work out if they running the same version as yourself or if you're running a more recent version.

PWIAC