Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 Call problem

cash_13
4: Newbie

Today my phone is refusing to let me make any calls or text, wifi is fine as is data for the internet.

The problem is when I make a call to a number ( tried several ) it connect half a ring then disconects.

I have tried swapping my sim to another phone and also cleaning it and nothing has changed the problem still persists......... any ideas please.....

Waiting for a call from a new job application really don't want to lose a great oppotunity...

Lee F

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. CR5

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? No

2) What is the full postcode  CR5 2QZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? tried my sim in wifes phone all fine

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? connect then drops call straight away

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? No 2G 3G or E emblems come up at the top of the screen at all

6) When did you first notice this issue? This morning

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? All the time through out the whole day

Just text my son to ask if it registered a call and he said yes and tried to call straight back but went straight to voicemail

Tried calling with my land line and my wifes phone and the same result voicemail.......:smileyfrustrated:

Can anyone help?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi cash_13,

If your SIM is working ok in a different phone, then it sounds like you may have a faulty device.

Please test another Vodafone SIM in your phone and if it’s still not working, see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma