Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 mini - WiFi will not auto connect

Sasquatchness
2: Seeker

Hi All,

The WiFi function has been working fine for the few months that I've had the phone.

Now though I have to manually re-enter the password for each WiFi network as it's not remembering it?

I've had some advice from Vodafone but as yet nothing has resolved it.

It's very frustrating as you can imagine and seems to have people baffled.

I would really appreciate the advice of the Forum.

Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Sasquatchness

PS - It's running 4.4.2

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Sasquatchness,

I've had a look online. Going into settings, network connection, tapping Wi-Fi, menu, advance and then unchecking the 'auto network switch' seems to have fixed this.

Please give it a go :).

Thanks.

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

That option isn't avaiable within the settings menu, please see the screenshots i've attached.

Can you advise further please?

Thanks, Steve

I have the same problem as Sasquatchness and also run 4.2.2. I have tried Sukhi's suggestion, but this does not solve my problem. There is a lot written about this on several forums but I have yet to find a solution that works for me. Very annoying! 

I have been having the same problem for a while now.  No one at the vodafone stores seem to know what to suggest.  Does anyone have any clues please?

Can you please look at this again

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MKII 

As Sukhi's solution didn't work try this:

Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > untick Check Internet service

@ian49 - If you Sukhi's solution didn't work for you either, please try the steps above.

Thanks,

Lee

Hello Lee,

Thank you for looking at this.  I have tried your suggestion and unticked everything in the advanced settings and there is no difference.  The record of the wifi connections are there after disconnection but not the passwords so there is no reconnection.  After turning off the device there is no record at all when it is turned on again.  This worked well up until about two months ago when this fault developed. 

I, and I suspect others, would appreciate furher thought on this.  I am very reluctant to have the phone sent away for "repair" which is the only suggestion I have had from the vodafone store where the phone was purchased a few months ago.

Ian

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's an odd one and I can't see anything that might be in settings that would account for it.  The only thing I can suggest is a factory reset - don't forget to back up your content first.   This will return the phone to its out-of-the-box state and should establish whether it's a fault, software corruption or a memory issue.  If the phone goes away for repair, this will be part of the process anyway, so you won't have lost anything.  When the phone restarts, if it's OK, run it with no additional apps for a few days, then put them back one at a time.  If it's an app, you'll have found the culprit.   If it still doesn't work, I fear it may be a repair job.